JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't believe the buyer assumes all responsibility for a purchase but they definitely need to inspect, in depth, what they are purchasing. If a seller is selling an item they know is broken then they need to either get it fixed for the buyer or buy it back.

One of the many reasons I continue to buy from guys on this forum, majority of you have integrity and honor your word above the dollar.

Well... I just made this mistake last night. Traded an AR pistol for a Sig P938. Guy wanting to trade was willing to cover all the fees but was trying to rush me into meeting, which I could not do. So I met him last night at Killer Coating in Cornelius, which is a 1.5hr drive for me. We traded after looking each others pistols over, it was 830pm so we were kind of in a rush to get Info entered Into the BGC system ( I hate sb941 and Kate Brown). Deal went thru I got home tried to cycle some snapcaps and FAILED! The notorious Sig P938 extractor problem a raised and I read online how this is a semi-common failure of this particular model. F@#k! Notify trader the pistol is broken and begin the search online for Sig replacement parts (Numrich). I contacted Sig Sauer 6-8 week turn around maybe longer and id have to pay shipping and a transfer fee when it comes back... looks like I will be doing the work myself. A sig Certified Gunsmith wants almost $100 an hour plus the part to fix it.
The guy(trader) got back to me and says to get it fixed and he will cover it.... but after this I dont feel comfortable sharing my address with him. Guess im fixing it on my dime, and bring snapcaps with me in the future. Really pissed off over the entire ordeal. I have a feeling the guy knew... shady shady

I recently sold some high-end guns on the Internet. I got on a Sako owners web site to question what my 1970's A2 was worth. There I found some highly knowledgeable Sako enthusiasts. The Sako guys are some of the most anal in the world. Some of these guys called me from back east just to chat about the rifle. I took detailed pictures plus made a short video. When I found a buyer he wanted it shipped in a hard case. He paid for the case, transfer and shipping. In the end we were both happy.
The guns that needed a little work were given to the kids/grandkids.

Why do you need to pay a transfer fee to get a gun back from Sig where it is being repaired? You never transferred it to them... They should be able to send it straight to you because it's already yours.

Its possible I miss understood. Im on the fence, the wait is what im really not looking forward to. I can order the part and fix it in a few mins, just lame to get basically a new pistol and then this...
Guess im going to be super picky about trading from here on out. Armslist getsme everytime! I did find the guy has a screen name here and was offering the pistol Sig P938 to other members along with S&W 340, probably broken too!

I hang out at a really cool old school gun shop that has a really cool innovatory of odd ball and cool old arms that you just don't see very often! As such, they are known for getting a lot of arms in for trade or sale that no one else would want or be interested in, and many of these have issues! Some cannot be fixed because parts are no longer available, or a good smith wants a fortune to make a new part, so they come in to make a deal! I have found many great deals because of this, but I also know what I am getting into before I make a deal! Had a really cool Older Vet come in with a very nice series 70 1911 that would fire when squezing the grip safety, made him a nice offer knowing what the problem likely was and offered to fix it for him if he decided to keep in instead, he ended up selling it to me any way, and after a few hours shootin the bull, ended up buying a super nice Gewehr 43 the shop had on the shelf!!! Every one went home happy, as it always should be!

Ooooh, time for a road trip!! :)
Come one down, Bring a Great big wad, and be prepared to go home FAT and HAPPY! If you cant find something you "Need" you didn't look hard enough, or ask the right question! There is three times the stock hidden in back, as what's out on display! The owner and "staff" are about the most knowledgeable folks any where, and too funny to miss out on!

I got my pistol back from NW Custom Firearms and I'm really looking forward to shooting it. Jon did a great job repairing it and did a clean up job on it as well. I was going to sell or trade it, now its a keeper!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews