JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a few rifles I want to sight in and was thinking of Brown's camp since it has longer range than where I usually go. I know how to get TO Brown's Camp...but have never shot there.

Is the shooting area self-evident once you get there or are there any special directions. I know people mountain bike there too...so wanted to make sure I found the right spot to shoot!

thanks.

why not just go up to English Pit outside the couve - they have 50 yard and 100 yard rifle ranges with spotting scopes, its safe, cheap at $15. Unless you're closer to Brown's Camp and don't mind that 'experience'.

I do enjoy Browns Camp's trails for wheeling, But it seems like everytime i've gone to shoot We've been pestered by the sheriffs. Not that I have anything to hide. Also people drive like maniacs on those gravel roads, beware of bikes and quads around the corners.

I had a visit from the Sheriff on the other side of the highway near Jones Creek a few weeks ago. My usual spot is up there but it's not accessible due to logging. He pointed me towards Browns Camp. I'm just not a big fan of being up there with all the other traffic it gets.

After you take that left of US 26, follow the road for about a mile or three, when you get to the STOP sign, go right and it should be up the hill on your left. Hope this helps. BTW, earlier is probably better than later. It can get crowded sometimes.

Lefty.

the LAST (and i do mean last) time i went to browns camp... these guys all pulled up in a car (4 people) one with a 5 gal propane tank, and another with an SKS... they ran out, put a LIT flare on top of the propane canister, and you know the rest. Later on that day, while using the boulders (the ones that keep people from driving into the quarry pit) as a rest for the bi-pod while sighting in, my friend and i had an old crazy a$$ hole firing a mini 30 over our heads at a laptop he had tossed out there to shoot at. we were AT the firing line, this guy just decided to turn around from his SUV tailgate and begin shooting, while the rest of us were 15 feet closer, @ the boulder line.... that place is dangerous mainly because everyone who just left the gun store for the very first time, with their very first purchase only knows of 'browns camp' for a place to shoot. my advice (as if you havent found out) is dont go there... OR wear ceramic trauma plates and a kevlar helmet, then you should be good shooting at browns camp. at least the english pit has a sign with rules on it.

...an old crazy a$$ hole firing a mini 30 over our heads at a laptop he had tossed out there to shoot at. we were AT the firing line, this guy just decided to turn around from his SUV tailgate and begin shooting, while the rest of us were 15 feet closer, @ the boulder line....

They really outta paint those boulders yellow and post up some basic safety guidelines on the sign by the pit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top