JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im trying to organize a meet up and shoot day. 1000 yards and out. I am willing to scout out a spot on public land east of Mt Hood or south eastern OR where its flatter. Unless someone has a split we could use. I have a 800 and 900 yard spot in tillamook but I really don't feel like blowing up that spot and ruining it. Plus its only 900 yards. Im trying to set up 3 targets. One at 1000, 2000 and 3000. I have one 24" ar500 plate and stand. We would obviously need 2 more. If we could plan it for there spring that would give everyone plenty of time to pull together.. Anyone interested??

I've got a rifle that will do 1000+ but 3000? I'm out. Anyone with a .338 LM Improved or a .50BMG might chime in. A 3000 yard shot is over 1.7 miles. That's a shot VERY few can make.

Heck, at 3000 I don't think my scope NOR my base would even get me there, drop compensation notwithstanding. It's possible, but I think you'll find very few here that have a rig that can do it natively.

But.......I dig your thinking and idea. :)

Got the rifle, still searching for the scope.

What I don't really have right now is the time off during good weather to make it worth it. I don't get paid vacation, and I've had a LOT of expenses this year, so I need to work every day I can, and when I do get time off (first week of July when my employer shuts down) I spend it working on my property.

When I retire in 3 to 5 years I plan to take the time to find a place that is safe to shoot out to 2km, and see what my rifle can do.

I've got a rifle that will do 1000+ but 3000? I'm out. Anyone with a .338 LM Improved or a .50BMG might chime in. A 3000 yard shot is over 1.7 miles. That's a shot VERY few can make.
I have an ivey scope base with 50 mils and I have a S&B with a 45moa base so I'm getting my full 26 mils. Im shooting a 300 win with 230g berger hybrids. I can get just to about 2900 yards.

3k is arty distance bro.
I can hit Soda botles @1900m with the AWSM 338lm with the military issue schmidt bender scope and that's pushing it as far as it will accurately hit.
I have an ivey scope base with 50 mils and I have a S&B with a 45moa base so I'm getting my full 26 mils. Im shooting a 300 win with 230g berger hybrids. I can get just to about 2900 yards. at 3000 yards I'm still at over 700 fps. "mark and sam after work (australian youtube gun channel), mark shoots his 338 lap past 4000 yards regularly with pretty good accuracy.

I will be going out to Christmas Valley again this spring. This year I will also go further east searching for rockchucks. Last spring I placed a steel target on a background of white dust. That helped out with spotting. My 6.5 has no scope and rail as yet.

I'm going out this weekend to a 1000 yard clearcut up the FS 29 road out by Forks, if anyone is interested. Its supposed to be nice, only 6 inches or so of rain per day.

Plenty of squatch, werewolves, vampires, elk, the ultra-rare hillbilly hermit hippy to watch for if shooting gets boring.

There's the Alvord Desert on the eastern base of Steens Mtn.
1024px-Alvord_Desert_Sep_2005.jpg
Don't know how safe even there such range might be. Idaho border is only about 100 miles further east. There IS lots of flattish land out in that part of the state, but the locals need to be consulted for best results.

Hmmm. Best current rifle that would have any chance is a Savage 10FP, 26" Douglas, 4-16 Vortex
FFP MOA/MOA on a 20 moa base. It likes 168 A-Max.

200 yd zero. Goes sub-sonic at 1116 yds. 3000 yd drop is 66,000"----1200+ MOA. 153 Ft.lb. retained energy at 654 fps.

I think I'll pass---

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads