JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I am bidding on a Marlin Camp-45 carbine. The auction should be done today. As I understand it, these carbines run on standard, unmodified M1911 magazines. We have a bunch of 7 and 8 rounders, but I was curious about extended magazines. As we only have a pistol that runs on said, it isn't something I really bothered with. On a carbine, however, it makes more sense.

Can anyone recommend some in, say, the 10-round range? Maybe slightly more?

Thanks much. :)

Thanks @that guy. The few Chip McCormic 8-rounds I have have always been great. My experience with ProMags range from very good to place directly in the trash can and don't buy again, with more in the latter category than the former. I'll check out the Chip 10-rounders. :)

I have been running the Chip 10 rounders for years now, never had any problems, BUT, I find the Mec-Gear seem better made and cost less. My Kimber really likes them, don't really know why, but they feed smoother and the catch is more positive!

I have many of the Chip Mc. 10 round, love them. I have had a couple Mech-Tech's in .45. I bought some 15 round 1911 mags a couple times. 1st time they were worthless. I wanted badly to make them work and no amount of tinkering would do it. Years later I tried again, same sad results. Not to mention they are VERY long since they are of course single stack. Only way that would really work would be a drum. Some have made these over the years and the ones I got to try were very disappointing. They could certainly be made to work as well as any other so I have to guess no one wanted to spend the money to tool up to make one well. The 10 round should work great.

I think some of the guys in IPSC back in the 70s or 80s got longtubes to work, but at great expense in time and tinkering... and sharing that info woulda given away their competitive advantages.

Thanks all for the replies. I think I'll stick with 7 and 10-rounders for this carbine. However, I've seen various drums for the 1911 out there. Most are in the 28-40 round range, depending on the make. Anyone play with these? Must drums I've run over the years were pretty bad, but there were some exceptions to the rule that really worked out well. I have no idea on this platform though. Thanks.

Thanks all for the replies. I think I'll stick with 7 and 10-rounders for this carbine. However, I've seen various drums for the 1911 out there. Most are in the 28-40 round range, depending on the make. Anyone play with these? Must drums I've run over the years were pretty bad, but there were some exceptions to the rule that really worked out well. I have no idea on this platform though. Thanks.

Yes I had at least one, and have got to play with a few over the years. All of them were very disappointing. They would work sometimes but I hate stuff like this that will not work all the time. No amount of tinkering ever seemed to be able to make the ones I have tried hum along without problems. I have zero doubt one could be made that would work as well as anything else. My guess was always the cost. That no one was willing to spend the money needed to make these in mass that would just work. Guess there was just never the market for someone do do so? If it's just for some causal fun and you can deal with them not always working could not hurt. I have seen some for Glock that were fantastic. Yet many would get one that would not work. So obviously quality control issues. May well be some floating around out there that are in the sweet spot and do work or could be made to work with patience.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top