JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to possibly get into a .300 Blackout platform. Trying to assess actual ammo costs of running one. Looked at SGA Ammo, which typically has good prices. They have bulk .300 by Sellier Bellot and MagTech for .50 per round. Then, the other brands jump to .70/.80 a round. Are SB and/or Magtech decent ammo? Or, should I plan on paying the higher rate for quality ammo?

thanks!

We run both the SB and Magtech. Perfectly fine for our use, AR pistol & AR rifle. Have run a bit of the both, no issues.

IMO it's when you start to get into suppressors is when the price gets a bit wonky. Best to reload your own at that point anyways, IMO....or if you decide you want to hunt with it.

Load your own. Its a reloaders dream cartridge. Not so much a off the shelf cartridge buyers dream cartridge. $100 for 1000 converted casings plus dies and gear. You can reload subs as cheap as $0.10 or less all day.

I must have 7000 casings with 4000-5000 loaded at any given time.

BTW if you want to try some fun stuff pick up some Nossler 110 Grain Varmageddon . Forget about reloading without trimming though. That stuff flows brass up into the rifling its loaded so hot.

that round shines best when suppressed. i use it hog hunting in s. texas and it really is a hoot. even supersonic rounds out of the can are great... albeit you get a sonic crack. and i agree. reloading it yourself is best. cut your AR brass and shove AK bullets into it, lol!!

Regardless of what my friend back home says,unless you are going to suppress that round you may as well do 7.62X39 and get cheaper ammo.
But he does reload and trims his brass with one of those little harbor freight chop saws. He is heavily invested in 300bk and suppressors though

If you are buying factory ammo I'll agree that the 7.62X39 is a good choice. Once you start reloading its an entire different story . The ability to use AR mags and stuff them full makes it a no brainer in favor of the 300 BO to me.

IMHO forget about the harbor freight chops saw and sizing your own. That gets old quick. $90 to $100 per 1000 cases is the going rate for professionally converted cases.

Depends on the brass. Some made from European or Filipino 5.56 has thicker walls in the neck and doesnt work worth a flip. Lake City stuff is the best. Ive made thousands on my own with the chop saw and sizing method but after I bought my first few thousand of shells from <broken link removed> I'll never make another on my own again. Its spot on brass.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top