JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought one and had some issues, got it replaced. It's cool to see the results of each shot on the app for a minute, but it by no means replaces actual training with an instructor. It also was not very reliable. It wouldn't record some shots and was more frustrating than anything. I tried it on a few of my hand guns thinking it would improve, but it didn't. :s0092:

I've had one for several years. It has worked great. I also had trouble with it recording shots until I selected the right pistol and mode (dry fire or live fire). It's been fine since. It has helped me a tighten groups up a lot. If you make it a competition with friends (even just one) it ups the fun factor. You just reminded me that I need to grab that thing out of my range bag and practice some more. A couple of my friends have them too now and like them. I'm sure mine has paid for itself a few times over just in unused ammo.

Gl0ckGirl, would you mind checking a few settings for me?

Within the app > Settings >...
1) Ensure the mode of training setting matches the training you are doing (Live Fire/Dry Practice/CO2)
2) verify the mount direction matches the mounted configuration of your mantis device on the firearm. Forward would be selected any time the USB port on the device is pointed towards the shooter as they are aiming the firearm.
3) verify mount location matches how you've mounted your mantis device to your firearm.

Next, on this same Settings page, select Advanced Settings and change the shot detection sensitivity to high, if it is not already set a high.

Once the settings are in place, run a few more tests and let me know what happens.

I went a little over the top and bought my daughter a SCATT MX02 last year. I looked into the Mantis but decided to go another route. The SCATT is crazy expensive but it offered the most options and a level of accuracy that can't be matched. Depending on where you are in Oregon you could try it out.

Gl0ckGirl, would you mind checking a few settings for me?

Within the app > Settings >...
1) Ensure the mode of training setting matches the training you are doing (Live Fire/Dry Practice/CO2)
2) verify the mount direction matches the mounted configuration of your mantis device on the firearm. Forward would be selected any time the USB port on the device is pointed towards the shooter as they are aiming the firearm.
3) verify mount location matches how you've mounted your mantis device to your firearm.

Next, on this same Settings page, select Advanced Settings and change the shot detection sensitivity to high, if it is not already set a high.

Once the settings are in place, run a few more tests and let me know what happens.
I have had an issue with setting sensitivity to high on some guns. It can detect trigger reset or cocking as a shot. Not often though, and I've gotten it to work fine with each gun I've put it on.

I purchase one for myself last year and gave one to my friend for Christmas. I love it and highly recommend it. I haven't had any issues, other than I haven't made time all summer to use it for training. Great investment when you need to practice and can't make it to the range.

I don't even know what I'm looking at.
:s0140:I thought of a million smart bubblegum-some appropriate-some not appropriate replies here :D but I'm going to just go with, I don't know either?
It's a training device. You attach it to your gun and use an app on your phone or tablet to see how well you're shooting. I could spend all day talking about it, or you could, uh, click the link in the original post. :p :s0087: Or ask that guy with "Mantis" in his name. I'll bet he knows all about it. :D I mainly use mine to see how still I'm keeping the gun while I pull the trigger. Seems to help a lot.

I'm the real deal employed by Mantis. ;)

My activity on the forum is limited to support for our products. I get notifications on quotes or replies, but if you do not hear from me when i should be responding, you can shoot an email to [email protected] and I'll respond postehaste.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top