Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

"Every Oregon gun bill tabled" !!!!!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by CHLChris, May 7, 2013.

1. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

meener777, bcdon, Morpheus and 7 others like this.
  2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

It seems to me that Burdick wants to be the Feinstein of Oregon.

rocky3, soberups, EMP9596 and 5 others like this.
  3. bill97024

bill97024 Oregon Member

This is great news. It's certainly not over yet but definitely a step in the right direction, and towards defeating the likes of Prozanski and Burdick.

4. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

"The best outcome for the NRA and other extremists is for the bills not to go to the floor so that their supporters can continue to hide on this issue," said Burdick, referring to the National Rifle Association.

I resent the hell out of this woman referring to ME as an "Extremist"! I had sent Ms. Burdick an e-mail asking her, respectfully, to PLEASE consider her bills not doing anything to stop the problem at hand. I received no response from her or her people, (I got a nice little "Thank You" from Betsy Johnsons camp a couple days later after thanking her for her position). I told Burdick I will be switching my affiliation from D to R for the next election.

I can respect these people for a belief they may have even if I disagree with it, but when they start referring to someone, a MODERATE such as myself, as an "Extremist"....There's no respect for them!

I'll be sending, for what it's worth, another letter to the Burdick people that contains the quote above!

Mike

5. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

DO NOT relax, these slugs have a habit of getting things
    passed in the middle of the last night of the session!!!

Sheldon

DMax, Morpheus, Caveman Jim and 3 others like this.
  6. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

It's good news for sure. But it isn't over until it's over.

Morpheus and (deleted member) like this.
  7. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Remember how the Multnomah County Commissioners temporarily passed gay marriage in 2004? Regardless of how you may feel about the topic, I bring it up to remind everyone about how the left, the LOCAL left, will do anything to get what they want. For them the end always justifies the means (unless, of course,they lose). For those of you who don't recall, Three commissioners met in a secret session without all commissioners present, to pass the law, which was later overturned by the Oregon Supreme Court.

OK, so the wind is blowing at our backs for a change. Let's let it help push forward and stomp this crap out. They will be back, but let's make them hurt. Let's make them wince for the next several years every time they even think about it.

Prozanski and Burdick need to be made examples for the rest of them to see. Throw in EVERY member of the Multnomah County Commission for their attack on the 2A to boot. We need to do whatever we can to see them defeated in the next election they face.

gryghin, bcdon, accessbob and 9 others like this.
  8. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Keep writing your State Senators and Reps. Keep pressure on. Make them earn that salary of theirs!

gryghin and (deleted member) like this.
  9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Not voting on the bills now is what Burdick wants. Her statement is a mixture of lies and petulance because the votes aren't currently there.

Maybe we should send her a gift NRA membership to cheer her up.;)

10. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Looks like the house bills have all been referred to judiciary. Anyone hearing updated status?

HB3114 - allows universities, OHSU, and community colleges to establish their own police forces and eliminate CHL holder priveleges on those grounds
    HB3412 - establishes political task force on gun violence. Hand wringing, furrowed brows, and weeping are the pre-requites for being on this panel.
    HB3413 - basically makes you a child molester if you let your kid handle a gun. Makes it illegal for you to buy a gun if you've been convicted of child endangerment. On this one, not that child endangerment isn't a serious crime, but firearm ownership has nothing to do with it.

corvus and (deleted member) like this.
  11. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, they do have gift memberships!

12. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Maybe all of the gunshow owners could get together and do a press conference and big show of giving her this. To show how happy they are with her rhetoric driving up their sales?

13. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

I wish similar circumstances were in place in WA. But I'm not sure I trust that it is over for OR either. Smoke and mirrors seem to be a frequent tactic of the anti-gunners.

14. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Great news! Yes, this was just one battle of many more to come. Will not drop the guard.

If they call us extremist because we fight each battle as if our lives depended on it, then I will consider it a compliment.

jb11 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

"...The best outcome for the NRA and other extremists is for the bills not to go to the floor so that their supporters can continue to hide on this issue," said Burdick, referring to the National Rifle Association."

I'm already labeled as a potential domestic terrorist because I'm a Christian, a conservative and a gun owner. So in a way, being called an extremist by a hysterical, freedom hating shrew is a badge of honor.

16. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

What these gun banning politicians do not understand is that the NRA is compossed of individual "Members". These said members have voiced their opinion and contacted their reps and told them to tow the line on this spectical. We can not believe the war is over, it is just a battle won & the fight continues.
    Be vigilant in your efforts to continue to contact your reps, like em or not!!!

17. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Congrats Neighbors. I believe we should all make a concentrated effort to rid ourselves of Ginny next election. This woman caused so many problems this legislative session.

Someone had mentioned they resent Ginny for referring to us as extremists. If my views are so opposing to hers she thinks I'm a extremist, I take that as a compliment. The woman is a absolute nut.

Kinda like Portland hipsters referring to my place of residence as Vantucky.. I LOVE Vantucky ( and WA in general ) :)

Congrats again fellas , been a crazy 6 months.

18. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  19. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

I can't stand watching video of Ginny Burdick, because she looks she could be my mom's twin sister. I'm watching the video and I just find myself thinking, "mom, what the bubblegum are you saying?"

20. TKevlar

TKevlar Eugene, Oregon, United States Active Member

I think they should have held the vote. Asshats are doing nothing but trying to protect themselves and then come back when no one is looking. The next election cycle can't come soon enough.