JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is great news. It's certainly not over yet but definitely a step in the right direction, and towards defeating the likes of Prozanski and Burdick.

"The best outcome for the NRA and other extremists is for the bills not to go to the floor so that their supporters can continue to hide on this issue," said Burdick, referring to the National Rifle Association.

I resent the hell out of this woman referring to ME as an "Extremist"! I had sent Ms. Burdick an e-mail asking her, respectfully, to PLEASE consider her bills not doing anything to stop the problem at hand. I received no response from her or her people, (I got a nice little "Thank You" from Betsy Johnsons camp a couple days later after thanking her for her position). I told Burdick I will be switching my affiliation from D to R for the next election.

I can respect these people for a belief they may have even if I disagree with it, but when they start referring to someone, a MODERATE such as myself, as an "Extremist"....There's no respect for them!

I'll be sending, for what it's worth, another letter to the Burdick people that contains the quote above!

Mike

DO NOT relax, these slugs have a habit of getting things
passed in the middle of the last night of the session!!!

Sheldon

Remember how the Multnomah County Commissioners temporarily passed gay marriage in 2004? Regardless of how you may feel about the topic, I bring it up to remind everyone about how the left, the LOCAL left, will do anything to get what they want. For them the end always justifies the means (unless, of course,they lose). For those of you who don't recall, Three commissioners met in a secret session without all commissioners present, to pass the law, which was later overturned by the Oregon Supreme Court.

OK, so the wind is blowing at our backs for a change. Let's let it help push forward and stomp this crap out. They will be back, but let's make them hurt. Let's make them wince for the next several years every time they even think about it.

Prozanski and Burdick need to be made examples for the rest of them to see. Throw in EVERY member of the Multnomah County Commission for their attack on the 2A to boot. We need to do whatever we can to see them defeated in the next election they face.

Not voting on the bills now is what Burdick wants. Her statement is a mixture of lies and petulance because the votes aren't currently there.

Maybe we should send her a gift NRA membership to cheer her up.;)

Looks like the house bills have all been referred to judiciary. Anyone hearing updated status?

HB3114 - allows universities, OHSU, and community colleges to establish their own police forces and eliminate CHL holder priveleges on those grounds
HB3412 - establishes political task force on gun violence. Hand wringing, furrowed brows, and weeping are the pre-requites for being on this panel.
HB3413 - basically makes you a child molester if you let your kid handle a gun. Makes it illegal for you to buy a gun if you've been convicted of child endangerment. On this one, not that child endangerment isn't a serious crime, but firearm ownership has nothing to do with it.

Not voting on the bills now is what Burdick wants. Her statement is a mixture of lies and petulance because the votes aren't currently there.
Maybe we should send her a gift NRA membership to cheer her up.;)

Maybe all of the gunshow owners could get together and do a press conference and big show of giving her this. To show how happy they are with her rhetoric driving up their sales?

I wish similar circumstances were in place in WA. But I'm not sure I trust that it is over for OR either. Smoke and mirrors seem to be a frequent tactic of the anti-gunners.

Great news! Yes, this was just one battle of many more to come. Will not drop the guard.

If they call us extremist because we fight each battle as if our lives depended on it, then I will consider it a compliment.

"...The best outcome for the NRA and other extremists is for the bills not to go to the floor so that their supporters can continue to hide on this issue," said Burdick, referring to the National Rifle Association."

I'm already labeled as a potential domestic terrorist because I'm a Christian, a conservative and a gun owner. So in a way, being called an extremist by a hysterical, freedom hating shrew is a badge of honor.

What these gun banning politicians do not understand is that the NRA is compossed of individual "Members". These said members have voiced their opinion and contacted their reps and told them to tow the line on this spectical. We can not believe the war is over, it is just a battle won & the fight continues.
Be vigilant in your efforts to continue to contact your reps, like em or not!!!

Congrats Neighbors. I believe we should all make a concentrated effort to rid ourselves of Ginny next election. This woman caused so many problems this legislative session.

Someone had mentioned they resent Ginny for referring to us as extremists. If my views are so opposing to hers she thinks I'm a extremist, I take that as a compliment. The woman is a absolute nut.

Kinda like Portland hipsters referring to my place of residence as Vantucky.. I LOVE Vantucky ( and WA in general ) :)

Congrats again fellas , been a crazy 6 months.

What these gun banning politicians do not understand is that the NRA is composed of individual "Members". These said members have voiced their opinion and contacted their reps and told them to toe the line on this spectical. We can not believe the war is over, it is just a battle won & the fight continues.
Be vigilant in your efforts to continue to contact your reps, like em or not!!!

Fixed it for you.

I can't stand watching video of Ginny Burdick, because she looks she could be my mom's twin sister. I'm watching the video and I just find myself thinking, "mom, what the bubblegum are you saying?"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top