JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How about we also throw in the same amount of money, and more, to someone that can replace her.

Two things:

1. Burdick isn't up for re-election until 2016

2. Jennifer Williamson is the Rep for the Portland portion of Burdick's Senate District, makes quite a few appearances with her and seems to be her heir-apparent. She's also on House Judiciary.

I suggest we focus on Williamson in 2014 and Burdick in 2016.

27580037.jpg

first i hear goods news about the "benghazi investigation," and now the oregon anti-gun bills fail to hit the senate floor! what would make it the most perfect day, ever, is for there to also be the full disclosure of "fast & furious" before midnight.

You people don't get it, this isn't good news yet.

Senate Leader Peter Courtney has used this shady tactic in the past, shelving a bill only to bring it back later under a new number at the very least minute and sneaking it through without the public knowing.

You people don't get it, this isn't good news yet.

Senate Leader Peter Courtney has used this shady tactic in the past, shelving a bill only to bring it back later under a new number at the very least minute and sneaking it through without the public knowing.

though i completely agree that he could attempt such a strategy, there is little chance of the bills being reintroduced without--at least--some foreknowledge of reintroduction leaking to the masses. oregon is the only state i've lived in (been here 8 years) where people are actually politically-involved to a degree that has an impact on the state legislature/government. a "secret passage" of the bills doesn't seem feasible in oregon's active political climate. if i'm wrong, please correct me.

this is not to say that the senate democrats won't try to reintroduce the bills later in the year. rather, i'm only arguing that it would be near impossible to do so without the intended date/time/session to be known beforehand.

It's good news for sure. But it isn't over until it's over.

It'll NEVER be over, just modified, and resubmitted in a different text, they'll keep pecking away. And, no matter what, don't forget who voted, and how they voted. Because if we allow them to be kept in place, the next time, they WILL have the votes to pass some stupid crap.

"...The best outcome for the NRA and other extremists is for the bills not to go to the floor so that their supporters can continue to hide on this issue," said Burdick, referring to the National Rifle Association."

I'm already labeled as a potential domestic terrorist because I'm a Christian, a conservative and a gun owner. So in a way, being called an extremist by a hysterical, freedom hating shrew is a badge of honor.
Just be glad your not a Christian, a conservative, a gun owner and a Veteran...then you would be consider a domestic terrorist by the Obummer administration.

Last Edited:
"...The best outcome for the NRA and other extremists is for the bills not to go to the floor so that their supporters can continue to hide on this issue," said Burdick, referring to the National Rifle Association."

I'm already labeled as a potential domestic terrorist because I'm a Christian, a conservative and a gun owner. So in a way, being called an extremist by a hysterical, freedom hating shrew is a badge of honor.

It is a shame to be treated that way but we have been throughout history. Good luck to all and keep your head up.

Extremist is just another label used by liberals to scare us into submission, if this doesn't work they will move on to bigot, racist, sexist or any other word that could trigger a knee-jerk reaction from the bleating masses.

Maybe there is a fund to subscribe these bozos to a lifetime membership in the NRA, that would be wonderful! I can imagine 20 - 30 years down the road (with no staff to filter the mail) still getting the magazines, fund raiser flyers and other mail outs. That would be great!

Just be glad your not a Christina, a conservative, a gun owner and a Veteran...then you would be consider a domestic terrorist by the Obummer administration.

Isn't that AutoCorrect the funniest thing sometimes? I'm betting you meant "Christian." Yes, a Jesus-loving, right-leaning, gun-toting, uniform-wearing man would be absolutely hated by this administration!

Isn't that AutoCorrect the funniest thing sometimes? I'm betting you meant "Christian." Yes, a Jesus-loving, right-leaning, gun-toting, uniform-wearing man would be absolutely hated by this administration!
I'm sure it wasn't the autocorrect... just my left hand isn't as fast as my trigger finger! :)

Vote the crazies out of office! It's the only way to stop them. In USA Today there is a report that states 56% of the sheeple believe that gun violence is worse today than 20 years ago even though it is actually down by huge numbers! "Victimization from non-fatal violent gun crimes is down 75% in the past 20 years, and there were 49% fewer gun homicides in 2010 than in 1993". Never let the facts get in the way of a crazy agenda. :s0131: Keep the pressure on and maybe they will start dealing with things like health care and jobs!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top