JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
John Smith started the day early, having set his alarm clock ( made in Japan) for 6:00 A.M.. While his coffee pot ( made in China) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (made in Hong Kong). He put on a dress shirt (made in Sri Lanka), dress jeans (made in Singapore) and Tennis shoes (made in Korea).

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (made in India) he sat down with his calculator, (made in Mexico) to see how much he could spend today. He then set his watch (made in Taiwan) to the radio (made in India). John then gets into his car (made in Germany) filled with gas (from Saudi Arabia) and continued his search for a good paying American Job.

At the end of another disgusting, fruitless day, he checks his computer (made in Malaysia). He decides to relax a while. He puts on his sandals (made in Brazil), pours himself a glass of wine (made in France), and turns on his TV (made in Indonesia) and wonders why he can’t find a good paying job in America.

John is now hoping he can get help from a President (made in Kenya).

So do I Will. Lets do it
Try not buying anything from China for 1 month. Nearly impossible. But we need to start somewhere

So do I Will. Lets do it
Try not buying anything from China for 1 month. Nearly impossible. But we need to start somewhere

My wife freaks out if it is made in China. But yes it is hard to not buy a thing that is not made in the USA anynore:(
I did get to put up some shelving today in my sons room funny thing was it was made in Norway:huh: And it did not come from Ikea:s0114:

I deal with it at work all the time our steel does not even come from the US anymore:huh: Only time I see the mad in USA stamp is if it is a good size beam or wide flange. Even then some are made out of country:(

A couple of years ago I made an epic search for an American-made vehicle battery. It was nearly impossible to find one! They are all from Asia, where we recycle our lead-containing electronics.

FINALLY, it was good ol' Les Schwab Tires that sold mostly only batteries made right here in the Willamette Valley! Excellent battery and good price, with the usual sparkling service.

Alas, they were not even able to ORDER me an additional motorcycle battery which was made in the USA. Evidently they don't exist any more......................elsullo :(

A couple of years ago I made an epic search for an American-made vehicle battery. It was nearly impossible to find one! They are all from Asia, where we recycle our lead-containing electronics.

FINALLY, it was good ol' Les Schwab Tires that sold mostly only batteries made right here in the Willamette Valley! Excellent battery and good price, with the usual sparkling service.

Alas, they were not even able to ORDER me an additional motorcycle battery which was made in the USA. Evidently they don't exist any more......................elsullo :(

The last I knew Interstate batteries were still made in the US. I have to admit I'd have to look at the labels today. I found out how good they are using them in Harleys and farm equipment. The one's I have right now all say made in the US.

The last I knew Interstate batteries were still made in the US. I have to admit I'd have to look at the labels today. I found out how good they are using them in Harleys and farm equipment. The one's I have right now all say made in the US.

I agree Gunner3456, Interstate was a great brand of battery. I had one last an honest-to-gawd eight-plus years in my pickup truck! They were hard to find the last time I tried. I hope they are still made in America......................elsullo

I agree Gunner3456, Interstate was a great brand of battery. I had one last an honest-to-gawd eight-plus years in my pickup truck! They were hard to find the last time I tried. I hope they are still made in America......................elsullo

We have an Interstate Battery store just a few miles from me. It's in Central Point on Hwy 99 just N. of the Grange if anyone's interested.

I've had a bug for a few days and can't get out, but as soon as I can I'll stop in and ask, and report back.

I do anything I can to avoid any "import" things. I can't stand to buy something made overseas instead of a US made product, especially if the price isn't much different. That's the same reason I won't buy a springfield, most are made in other countrys, for that matter, I don't like glocks cause of it either. That's great that they are good or maybe even better quality, but its not made here, so you can keep it!

At least I was made here. The one that really ticks me off is windshield wiper blades, living in the pacific north west you have no choice but to change them a couple times a year and have no choice but buy from mexico.

Pretty crappy realization but soo true.

My wife and I although it is hard to do look for items made here to purchase over the imports. You may have to go to more stores but it can be done.

When you find them compile a list it makes it easyer (unless that company has been purchased buy another company in another country).

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews