JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yaaaaaaa !! this does suck-but i do believe you can still get a BOEING plane made in USA-you will have to outfit yourself-to keep it USA made-
steven

Dude.........don't kid yourself. I work for the company and easily the 737 is at 65% vended out to contractors ALL over the world. A Boeing airplane is NOT trueley American made. It is American assembled. We get parts everyday from Spain, Australia, Malaysia. Indonesia, Korea.........who know's where else. On a daily basis...we have to rework alot of stuff because the quality of the parts are not up to Boeing and FAA standards. The entire body section is made by another company. Look at the 787. The only thing that Boeing builds is the tail section and some interior stuff. The entire 787 wing is made in Japan by Kawasaki heavy industries and flown over here in a huge 747 transport plane. The body sections are made over seas and also flown here in the same transport plane. And yet our government wants to give a military contract for the 767 tankers to Airbus and not Boeing. Why would our own government give a military contract to a foriegn country? Why should we employ people outside our country when jobs in this country is a big problem? :s0092::s0092::s0092:

Yep, and I think it's a wonderful thing. It's what happens when capitalism and comparative advantage meet. The USA is a developed country, not a developing country. We don't need factory workers anymore.

Except John, he sounds like a loser. :V Anyone against outsourcing and free trade is a dirty communist.

... i do believe you can still get a BOEING plane made in USA
And even more locally, I remember Oregon putting vehicle license plates out for bid several years back and some out-of-state company (Montana?) got the contract. I have a vague, probably wrong, recollection that the state saved something like 17c per plate (times what 200,000 plates a year?) for $34k, but lost the income tax of a dozen or twenty employees and the corporate tax of the business when they folded.

Seems like that sort of thing ought to be factored in when deciding where to award business.

MrB

I work for a GM dealership in the parts deparment. while a few of the parts we get in say made in mexico/china/ect. most of them say made in America. its funny but you can tell the diffrence in part quality, and as much as I hate to say it its not always in our favor. About half the seat covers we get in are made overseas and usually they are made better. I hate it but its true.

This is an email going around. But it fits the topic.

" One Light Bulb at a Time. A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a billion of them would. With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously written by a good American . Good idea .. . one light bulb at a time . Check this out . I can verify this because I was in Lowes the other day for some reason and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose attachments . They were all made in China . The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there. They were made in USA . Start looking . In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else - even their job . So, after reading this email, I think this lady is on the right track . Let's get behind her! My grandson likes Hershey's candy . I noticed, though, that it is marked made in Mexico now.. I do not buy it any more. My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico ... now I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything . This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets . I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand labeled, "Everyday Value . " I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats - they were the same except for the price .. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in Cleveland , Ohio . So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here . So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets . .. . yep, you guessed it, bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA ! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price! My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbors! If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying from overseas companies! (We should have awakened a decade ago .. . .. . . . )Let's get with the program . . . .. help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the U . S . A .I Passed this on ......... will you ??????? I believe if it is made in the USA the UPC begins with 0. Products made in Puerto Rico are also considered USA."

Thats promising Elsullo. So its not just Beer, Hookers and Firearms that we produce.

Hollywood produces hi quality products that are in high demand all over the world and are clearly the best! And our investment banks are still state of the art in the production and distribution of world stopping BS.

We all talk about this but there is simply no way for any US business to compete with countries in the production of consumer goods, when these countries are mass producing engineers (even South Korea makes more than we do) at low cost, have governments that are avid promoters and financial supporters of production, and have a work force that can live well for a month on the amount of money that we need to survive for a day.

If I were king I'd have to bet the farm on our ability to innovate, and I'd have to pick an area where it would not only give us a temporary lift, but just might change the game enough so there would be no need for any one country to be on top of the heap. I'd be promoting fusion energy 100%, and if possible this is probablly the only power source the human race will ever need.

So what are we doing, we're putting up windmills, sheesh.

I recently purchased a couple of the new Springfield XDm pistols, thinking that they were made in Geneseo, IL. After actually looking at the pistols, I realized that they were made in Croatia... Oh well, thank goodness I have my rugers and Smith & Wesson.

While we're at it, why don't we decide to boycott anything not made in our home states? How about counties? Cities? Or should I maybe buy my guns from all of the arms manufacturers on my street to keep everything REALLY local?

"To give the monopoly of the home-market to the produce of domestic industry, in any particular art or manufacture, is in some measure to direct private people in what manner they ought to employ their capitals, and must, in almost all cases, be either a useless or a hurtful regulation." -- Adam Smith

We are assembled in America. Sub systems come from Thailand and Mexico. Plastic from Canada made from Chinese made tooling.

However we sell worldwide so a lot of our profits come from other countries.

It's very hard but we do our best to only buy made in USA. If we have absolutely no USA made options, we buy lowest price. But if we can find a product made in the US and it's 10 times the cost of anything else, we still buy USA.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews