JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was. Never hit though. A couple of times in high school. I might not have been the most obnoxious kid in the history of high school but I was trying hard for the title. One time my Trans Am ( It was the early 80's ) took a .22 bullet for me. Another time a guy was shooting at me with a 12 gauge from across a field while his GF was putting her clothes back on. It was worth it :) . There was another time but I dont think it counts since the guy shooting only thought it was me. It was someone else.

Worst time was when I was in the Army. Not combat. Just stupidity. My now ex wife and I were on a honeymoon in Bavaria and I went driving around looking for a way to get into Czechoslovakia since they wouldnt let me in with my American ID. At 2 AM we found a border crossing that LOOKED abandoned. Jumped over the gate and walked a few hundred yards into CZ . Then someone started yelling Halt etc. We turned around and started walking back and someone opened fire full auto. They unloaded a full mag in my direction . Heard the bullets whizzing by and I looked up and my wife was gone as fast as her little legs could go .

Got lucky every time.

Ever been shot at? Include wartime that if you want or are up to it.

Some kids shot at me and my buddy when we were about 10 and out in the middle of no where. We ran home and told my Dad and Uncle. They took the motorcycle out there, found the kids, broke their rifle and shotgun, threw them into the pond and left.

Later we saw the smaller kid walking a couple hundred yards in front of his big brother, so we rode our bike over, beat the bubblegum out of him and ran back home.

All in all it turned out to be a good day...for us anyways :)

Never shot at.

Threatened with a gun pre 18 twice.

Once by a gangbanger and once by an overzealous cop, well twice by cops but neither time was warrented.

I guess being young and full of yourself has its ups and downs:D.

ive had bullets shot towards me (accidentaly) twice while hunting.once by my brother and once by another person in our group. wrong place at wrong time. never hit though. but definately woke my @$$ up. now, i wear more blaze orange when i rifle hunt, not when i bowhunt though.

More than enough......

1) (I don't know if ricochets count....)
I took a 7.62 to the head last night .... (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/i-took-a-7-62-to-the-head-last-night.207325/page-2#post-1339100)

2) When I was about 16 or so, a friend and I had been duck hunting and after noticing how far our shot traveled (by the splashes on the pond) we got a bright idea. We ended up walking far enough away away from each other and shooting so the shot would rain down on the other (Just so you know that we weren't total morons, we were far enough away that we had to aim well above the other person for it to even reach them).

3) Down range I received my fair share of small arms, RPG and mortar fire (didn't we all) and was lucky enough to never get hit.

Ray

We took 31 hits of ZUU-23 to our MH60K on a POI extraction, most went through the rotor disk but I took shrapnel in the legs and lower torso after a few of the rounds went through the belly tanks (under the floor) Most of us had some sort of shrapnel damage, but I caught the worst of it, spent 6 weeks on crutches! I took a round of 7.62X39 point blank square to the chest, Thank God for Body Armor! Being down range as long as I did it, almost insured I would get hit at some point! I can say I have been extremely lucky!

The girlfriend and I were fishing on Rock Creek in her small row boat. A guy started shooting at us from his deck. One of the spuds splashed down just a few feet behind the boat:D

Been shot once 22 from zip gun in chest almost looks like a third nipple lol... Shot at twice both misses and returned fire once. All in all its very unpleasant on both sides...

Yes.
Four combat tours , the worst being Mogadishu Somalia.
Never been shot , but have had more than a few near misses.
Was cut up a bit with debris from bullets and grenades before.
And folks wonder why I have noooo interest in paintball ... LOL.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads