JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Vietnam Nam 1971. Out immunizeing children. Our helicopter took hits as we were leaving. Covered the family jewels
With my helmet....The other medic laughed his A** off!

We took 31 hits of ZUU-23 to our MH60K on a POI extraction, most went through the rotor disk but I took shrapnel in the legs and lower torso after a few of the rounds went through the belly tanks (under the floor) Most of us had some sort of shrapnel damage, but I caught the worst of it, spent 6 weeks on crutches! I took a round of 7.62X39 point blank square to the chest, Thank God for Body Armor! Being down range as long as I did it, almost insured I would get hit at some point! I can say I have been extremely lucky!
With all that said there is no possible way Stomper could be more ridiculously handsome than you! :eek::D

only a few times - once for stopping on a dirt road in the middle of the night too close to some farmer's cows - my friend's old pickup caught some bird shot near the tail light. Another time I was hiking near hwy 50, hit the end of the trail and it was getting close to dark so thought we would go back along the river instead of up on the ridge. Saw a flashlight shining down from the ridge and they must have seen our light. shot was wide by at least 10 feet - think we must have gotten too close to someone's grow.

Thought it would be fun to have a bb gun war w/my sister until she shot me in the nuts. Took a few years before we got along again :p

This reminds me of one time (quite a while back) members of my company were chosen to do some "Close Quarter Training" with a Marine unit in Yermo (Training my butt, it was us against them using simunitions, they had MP5's with about 5 mags each and we had M9's with only 1 mag each, sorry I'm getting sidetracked). Anyway, after one of our "engagements" we were all (Soldiers and Marines) standing around BSing and this one PFC from my company was just running his mouth non-stop and being generally annoying. His team leader had told him to tone it down a couple of times, but to no avail. Finally, the E-5 had had enough and with no warning, he pulled out the M9 (still loaded with the sim rounds) and shot this PFC point blank in the beanbag three times. Well now, I can tell you that didn't make the PFC quieter by any means, but it did make him follow his team leaders instructions better, after he started walking normally anyway.

I don't know how they are now days, but back then, those sim rounds didn't mark real well, but would leave good sized welts and really nice bruises.

Ray

Once. Desert Storm. I was in a Blackhawk and they were a long way out for their AK's. I was able to return fire with a Delta model M-60.

Edit: I was in an Aviation Btn. We didn't stay and fight with 'em. We un-assed the AO and radioed their position to the folks who's job it was to deal with that kind of thing. They were under white flag when we were approaching, we were going to drop MRE's and water to 'em when they opened up. bubblegums.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top