JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3 Reasons why 'murcans think gun homicide is rising, when it isn't.

1) Fox

2) CNN

...get the picture?

When the news outlet you watch so often tells you something is true you have a moral duty to believe what they say. It's simple conditioning, really. Only those willing to seek out alternate sources of information really know what's going on.

This crap has been going on for a decade.

It's not new. Every major news outlet has been looking for any excuse to mnake crime sound worse than what it is, despite the FACT that this is the safest time to be an American in recent history.

and when you factor in the fact that 60% of gun related deaths are suicides the anti-gunners are SO off base. But with news the rule has always been "if it bleeds, it leads" and suicides are not reported. What else are those who can't do the research for themselves supposed to believe?

Study: Despite drop in gun crime, 56% think it's worse.

Study: Despite drop in gun crime, 56% think it's worse

But of course they say that the anti-gun lawmakers are only doing what the public wants. :rolleyes:

I find the outcome very interesting in this respect: Several polls have indicated that somewhere between 45% and 55% of the population now has at least one firearm in the household. (take the positive responses and add the 8% that will not answer the question...it is interesting to me that the 8% that will not answer this question is consistent over the last 3 polls I have read.)

This poll almost perfectly reflects that...those that own guns know that crime is/has gone down, those that do not own guns (no-one in their immediate family is a gun person), think crime is still rising.

I did read one mainstream article at the 10 year anniversary of MI's concealed carry permit law change. It actually mentioned that the news pundits 10 years before had been wrong...blood did not flow in the streets, and crime was actually down by a large %. I also read another apology by a news editor in OH that stated the same...now if we can only get the national media to follow suit.

Several polls have indicated that somewhere between 45% and 55% of the population now has at least one firearm in the household.

I bet its a larger percentage than that. If they ever asked me if I had guns I'd either tell them to "Go to hell" or "No, I don't have any" because it is none of their business.

My point is gun ownership for one reason or another is far lower than is reported. And this drives the left crazy.

I just wish they would at least get the darned numbers right.

The article says "There were 18,253 gun-related killings in 1993, and 11,101 in 2011, the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics reported. "

I don't think that is right. It takes just a minute to download this table into Excel and add up the figures.
FBI ? Table 20

There were 12,664 total murders in 2011, and 8,583 were committed with a firearm. I don't know what numbers the article is using...

Found the numbers: http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf

Seems that this BJS report uses a variety of data:

"The primary source of information on firearm-related
homicides was obtained from mortality data based on
death certificates in the National Vital Statistics System of
the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), Centers
for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Web-based
Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS).
These mortality data include causes of death reported by
attending physicians, medical examiners, and coroners,
and demographic information about decedents reported
by funeral directors who obtain that information from
family members and other informants. The NCHS collects,
compiles, verifies, and prepares these data for release to the
public."

It is possible that the FBI UCR data I cited is incomplete.

I just wish they would at least get the darned numbers right.

The article says "There were 18,253 gun-related killings in 1993, and 11,101 in 2011, the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics reported. "

I don't think that is right. It takes just a minute to download this table into Excel and add up the figures.
FBI ? Table 20

There were 12,664 total murders in 2011, and 8,583 were committed with a firearm. I don't know what numbers the article is using...

67% of all statistics are made up on the spot. ;)

I bet its a larger percentage than that. If they ever asked me if I had guns I'd either tell them to "Go to hell" or "No, I don't have any" because it is none of their business.

My point is gun ownership for one reason or another is far lower than is reported. And this drives the left crazy.

Don't you mean "My point is gun ownership, for one reason or another, is far HIGHER than is reported. And this drives the left crazy."?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top