JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Eugene Practical Shooters club is born-again hard, with an active core of friendly shooters working together, all of whom are in it for the fun. The USPSA matches are running again, with me as the MD.

the new schedule is:

1st Sat for USPSA/IPSC

2nd Sat for steel match

3rd Sat for IDPA.

We are a club that is affiliated wiith USPSA and IDPA.

Visit www.eugenepracticalshooters.com for schedule, map, info, etc.

I really want to try this, but would it be possible to come out and just watch a match to see what it's all about?
Yes, it is fine to come watch and see what happens.

I encourage all people who are interested to come shoot the steel match for their "first try", as it is mostly a "draw n shoot" event. The next Eugene steel match is the 2nd Saturday of April. Also, .22 pistols are welcome at steel matches, which helps some folks get started more easily.

HTH,

Ben

I have allot of friends that want to try this, but are turned away by the "arrive no later than 8:15am" policy.
I work long days and late nights. Early mornings are when i'm finally hitting R.E.M. sleep, not a time when I should be handling firearms.

I'm already a member of Isaac Walton and The Barons Den, but is there anything like this locally for my friends and I that starts at a more reasonable hour?

Do you ever have rimfire rifle speed steel matches?
We have a rimfire division at every steel match. Our steel match is the 2nd Saturday of every month, rain or shine. I usually shoot a CF handgun and a .22 handgun at each steel match.

Our range does not permit long guns in the pistol bays.

Albany tried .22 rifles for their steel matches, but apparently had trouble getting the shot timers to pick up the sound.

We invite you to bring your .22 handgun and try it out.

I have allot of friends that want to try this, but are turned away by the "arrive no later than 8:15am" policy.
I work long days and late nights. Early mornings are when i'm finally hitting R.E.M. sleep, not a time when I should be handling firearms.

I'm already a member of Isaac Walton and The Barons Den, but is there anything like this locally for my friends and I that starts at a more reasonable hour?
I'm sorry. The "arrive no later than 8:15am" applies to first time match shooters, but I doubt an extra half hour will help in your situation. I think the Baron's Den does evening bullseye or Glock something or other.

I'm sorry. The "arrive no later than 8:15am" applies to first time match shooters, but I doubt an extra half hour will help in your situation. I think the Baron's Den does evening bullseye or Glock something or other.

They do an evening league that i've shot for the past ~2 1/2 years.
I won the regular center fire match and have worked my way up to "master shooter" but I was looking for other challenges as well.

How long do the competitions typically go on? Also which is better for beginners?
Roughly speaking, we start around 9 and are generally finished by 12:30 to 1:30, with the later finishes being due to a problem or slow stage or similar delay. We typically are finished by 12:30. Most of us like to get it done and get on with the rest of the Saturday, rather than linger.

I think steel is the simplest way to start. I started with IDPA, and that was fine, just more to learn and think about. IPSC is equivalent to IDPA in the learning curve, IMHO.

They do an evening league that i've shot for the past ~2 1/2 years.
I won the regular center fire match and have worked my way up to "master shooter" but I was looking for other challenges as well.
The action pistol matches will provide a new challenge. I'm afraid that I don't see any later starts in the plans.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top