JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Peter Krook ([email protected]) is running a Sporter Rifle match at TCGC this Saturday. If you don't know, Sporter Rifle uses common sporting rifles (think deer rifle or MSR) and a sling, but no high end competition equipment such as heavy shooting coats or shooting gloves. You shoot standing, rapid fire sitting and prone all at 200 yards. The target scoring rings get tighter as your position gets closer to the ground.

It's a great way to dust off that old bolt gun, or get more practice with your MSR. These are low-key, very fun matches that will test your skill and show you where my might want to spend more time in practice.

I'm working otherwise I'd be there ... give Peter an email for more details.

If you don't have anything else going this Saturday morning to early afternoon really consider giving this a try ... Sporter Rifle is a really fun game!

What is the schedule for these matches? We are looking to shoot a 4 legged target this weekend, otherwise my kid and I would go. It sounds like fun using our hunting rifles like we shoot high power.

Contact Peter for the scoop straight from the match director and to find out the dates for future matches.

He has been running one whenever there is a 5th Saturday in the month.

They are fun matches that give you a chance to use rifles you may not get much if a chance to use otherwise and is great practice for your hunting rig.

If all you do is shoot off of a rest while sitting at a bench this can be a real eye opener. You might find it much harder to shoot well from practical positions and / or you might be surprised at how well you can shoot without a rest.

These matches don't take as long as a full on high power match and don't require the specialized equipment making them accessible to most everyone.

They really are worth a try!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top