JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So we all know that KATU and the other local press only report the facts and would never consider leaning to one side while twisting or leaving anything out with regards to a public shooting... So everything they said must be exactly as it happened (God bless the KATU gospel), well then just hang the bastard now and be done with it... Ah, cut me some freaking slack... Why are people that claim to be fans of the second amendment so quick to judge others that chose to utilize theirs? Why cant you leave that to the courts and cops and get off the arm chair lawyer crack pipe... Once this is over the true story might actually be reported, then you can be make an intelligent judgment based on fact and not what you have been spoon fed by the press....

"Man I'de love to spit some beachnut in that dudes eyes..."

I can't wait until all of you 2nd Amendment posers get the actual "FACTS" of this case... I am embarrassed by many of you, as you make this site a joke... Try having a spine, support the 2nd Amendment for more than 30 seconds and understand that the truth takes longer to speak than bullbubblegum and that the last thing that the press cares about is the facts when it comes to a gun owner..

Here's beachnut in you're eye RallySoob....

I dont believe either side, either, but dont really think that the 2nd amendment is the only issue. I think its also a question of when you can, or should, use deadly force. I feel bad for the dog, and the kids. If I felt that the dog was atacking me, I would defend myself, but only as a last resort would I shoot someones dog. He may have been justified, I wasnt there, but even if he was justified, he may not have been right. I support the 2nd amendment 100%, stupidity, not so much.

I dont believe either side, either, but dont really think that the 2nd amendment is the only issue. I think its also a question of when you can, or should, use deadly force. I feel bad for the dog, and the kids. If I felt that the dog was atacking me, I would defend myself, but only as a last resort would I shoot someones dog. He may have been justified, I wasnt there, but even if he was justified, he may not have been right. I support the 2nd amendment 100%, stupidity, not so much.

If a fast approaching German Shepard was coming my way, deadly force would not only be justifiable it would have been a fact... All of you studs may want to wrestle the below animals to submission, but I would rather protect myself and put it down...

Males:

* Height at the wither 60 cm to 65 cm (23.62 inches - 25.59 inches)
* Weight 30 kg to 40 kg. (66.14 pounds - 88.18 pounds; Midrange = 77 pounds)

Females:

* Height at the wither 55 cm to 60 cm (21.65 inches - 23.62 inches)
* Weight 22 kg - 32 kg (48.5 pounds - 70.55 pounds; Midrange = 59.5 pounds)

Teeth - 42 in number - 20 upper and 22 lower - are strongly developed and meet in a scissors bite in which part of the inner surface of the upper incisors meet and engage part of the out surface of the lower incisors.

By the way, "Justified = Right"

jus·ti·fy (jst-f)
v. jus·ti·fied, jus·ti·fy·ing, jus·ti·fies
v.tr.
1. To demonstrate or prove to be just, right, or valid: justified each budgetary expense as necessary; anger that is justified by the circumstances.
2. To declare free of blame; absolve.
3. To free (a human) of the guilt and penalty attached to grievous sin. Used of God.
4. Law
a. To demonstrate sufficient legal reason for (an action taken).

If a fast approaching German Shepard was coming my way, deadly force would not only be justifiable it would have been a fact... All of you studs may want to wrestle the below animals to submission, but I would rather protect myself and put it down...

Males:

* Height at the wither 60 cm to 65 cm (23.62 inches - 25.59 inches)
* Weight 30 kg to 40 kg. (66.14 pounds - 88.18 pounds; Midrange = 77 pounds)

Females:

* Height at the wither 55 cm to 60 cm (21.65 inches - 23.62 inches)
* Weight 22 kg - 32 kg (48.5 pounds - 70.55 pounds; Midrange = 59.5 pounds)

Teeth - 42 in number - 20 upper and 22 lower - are strongly developed and meet in a scissors bite in which part of the inner surface of the upper incisors meet and engage part of the out surface of the lower incisors.

By the way, "Justified = Right"

jus·ti·fy (jst-f)
v. jus·ti·fied, jus·ti·fy·ing, jus·ti·fies
v.tr.
1. To demonstrate or prove to be just, right, or valid: justified each budgetary expense as necessary; anger that is justified by the circumstances.
2. To declare free of blame; absolve.
3. To free (a human) of the guilt and penalty attached to grievous sin. Used of God.
4. Law
a. To demonstrate sufficient legal reason for (an action taken).

ha ha ha - is this you?
YouTube - Farm defence rig

I can't wait until all of you 2nd Amendment posers get the actual "FACTS" of this case... I am embarrassed by many of you, as you make this site a joke... Try having a spine, support the 2nd Amendment for more than 30 seconds and understand that the truth takes longer to speak than bullbubblegum and that the last thing that the press cares about is the facts when it comes to a gun owner..

Here's beachnut in you're eye RallySoob....

The second amendment give you the right to bear arms. Not the right to shoot up someones property and endanger his kids. If the guy is such a crappy shot that he has to spray and pray while he's poopin his pants, maybe he should carry a shotgun.

I meant justified in the legal sense, and right in the moral sense. I am justified in shooting any dog that chases my livestock, but its not necessarily right, at least in my mind. I dont know the cirucumstances, as I said, I wasnt there. If the dog was charging him on his property and appeared to be in an attack, he may have had to shoot it, but as above, hard to justify shooting a dog at such a distance that it endangers the kids across the street. I guess the courts will decide.

Yeah, there is no way any of us are gonna know the actual events of this case until it all plays out in court. We can speculate all day long about what really happened. That being said, my gut tells me a bit of hillbilly justice may have gone down in Estamacader that day.

I have been charged by a dog before and its rather scary.. Nonetheless, if there are kids playing around, I think pepper spray is better option. However, before anyone condemns a person for defending himself against a charging dog; try having one come at you. Anyhow, I don't know who is innocent or to blame here so I won't take sides. I just know that there is irresponsible dog owners and that many owners are not aware at how their dogs threaten strangers out of their presence. IF a dog was charging me, God help me, with the decision between my life and the life of that dog's owners children. I would do all in my power to protect those kids , but also I don't want to have my groin or throat rip to pieces by some vicious German Shepard charging me. One thing I would do is wait until the dog is close, but shooting a dog is not so easy. Why do you think police use German Shepard K-9s to apprehend armed hostiles?

My personal feeling is that if a person lets a vicious dog run loose and it charges a person for an attack and that person shoots his guns and hits a child, that the owner of the dog should be charged for murder or manslaughter, not the person defending their life. I know some may disagree with me here. And, I don't know if this guy was in that situation or if he was just some crazy person looking to kill dogs.. In that case, throw the book at him.

I meant justified in the legal sense, and right in the moral sense. I am justified in shooting any dog that chases my livestock, but its not necessarily right, at least in my mind. I dont know the cirucumstances, as I said, I wasnt there. If the dog was charging him on his property and appeared to be in an attack, he may have had to shoot it, but as above, hard to justify shooting a dog at such a distance that it endangers the kids across the street. I guess the courts will decide.

Sorry, again I disagree... I have had to shoot a dog that was chasing my livestock and not only was I justified in the legal sense, but also in the moral sense... It cost me 6 top defense rounds (sorry, I am a god shot but few dogs hold still while chasing another animal or charging), but I had to pay $600 to get the leg on my steer stitched back together and another $45 to pay for the disposal of the dog and all it cost the owner was their pet.

There are far more irresponsible dog owners out there then gun owners.. I have 3 dogs and they are never left out on my property unattended....

The second amendment give you the right to bear arms. Not the right to shoot up someones property and endanger his kids. If the guy is such a crappy shot that he has to spray and prey while he's poopin his pants, maybe he should carry a shotgun.

So "Spray and Pray", "Crappy Shot"... Well it does not say exactly how many shots were fired, just until the gun was empty and here is a guy that is shooting at a target supposedly heading his direction on 4 legs and the only comment made was "Outlaw was hit several times and died, and a stray bullet hit the Petersons’ car. It all happened right in front of the boys."..... Really "a stray bullet" = "spry and pray" You must be an amazing shot to make comments like that...:confused:

and all it cost the owner was their pet.

There are far more irresponsible dog owners out there then gun owners.. I have 3 dogs and they are never left out on my property unattended....

you obiviously dont give a crap about your dogs then? to most familys that have dogs, the dog is an extension of the family, i have had german shepards all my life, i have yet to meet a stupid one, but i have met VERY friendly ones, and my parents german is about as racist as a dog can get.. REGUARDLESS if the dog was in the street i HIGHLY doubt it was there "protecting" the children, i believe it to be coerced into the street. as well as that man needs to have his gun rights removed from him, who in their right mind would unload a magizine on the dog? i DO NOT believe the dog kept coming with 3 rounds in him. but we have no idea what kind of gun the man was carrying. if a dog was charging and he shot it, it would hit the dog in the chest, left or right it would blow apart a shoulder, a dog is not going to continue charging. as well as if your going to carry a gun WITH INTENT TO KILL you sure as F#$K better be a damn good shot.

you obiviously dont give a crap about your dogs then? to most familys that have dogs, the dog is an extension of the family, i have had german shepards all my life, i have yet to meet a stupid one, but i have met VERY friendly ones, and my parents german is about as racist as a dog can get.. REGUARDLESS if the dog was in the street i HIGHLY doubt it was there "protecting" the children, i believe it to be coerced into the street. as well as that man needs to have his gun rights removed from him, who in their right mind would unload a magizine on the dog? i DO NOT believe the dog kept coming with 3 rounds in him. but we have no idea what kind of gun the man was carrying. if a dog was charging and he shot it, it would hit the dog in the chest, left or right it would blow apart a shoulder, a dog is not going to continue charging. as well as if your going to carry a gun WITH INTENT TO KILL you sure as F#$K better be a damn good shot.

Wow, you are a funny one.... If I did not "give a crap about your dogs" than I would not make sure that mine were attended at all times.... but I do not have compassion for an unattended animal that is allowed to attack or threaten livestock or people...

"if the dog was in the street i HIGHLY doubt it was there "protecting" the children, i believe it to be coerced into the street. as well as that man needs to have his gun rights removed from him" Wow the detectives need you on their squad, you deducted all of that from a two paragraph article and after hearing only one side of the story... You are brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

"who in their right mind would unload a magizine on the dog? i DO NOT believe the dog kept coming with 3 rounds in him. but we have no idea what kind of gun the man was carrying." Most people I know have been trained to shoot until the threat has been stopped and not to pop off a few and see if the threat drops or runs. Also he said that he fired 3 shots and then fired again until the gun was empty, no where did it say that all of the three hit the dog and we already know that there was at least one round that missed.

"if a dog was charging and he shot it, it would hit the dog in the chest, left or right it would blow apart a shoulder, a dog is not going to continue charging." That is absolutely not accurate, I have seen animals (dogs included) that can continue to charge after being hit numerous times and as you state we have no idea what caliber the gun was or the round count...

"as well as if your going to carry a gun WITH INTENT TO KILL you sure as F#$K better be a damn good shot." One stray out of an entire magazine, seems on a f**king good shot to me...

Wow, you are a funny one.... If I did not "give a crap about your dogs" than I would not make sure that mine were attended at all times.... but I do not have compassion for an unattended animal that is allowed to attack or threaten livestock or people...

"if the dog was in the street i HIGHLY doubt it was there "protecting" the children, i believe it to be coerced into the street. as well as that man needs to have his gun rights removed from him" Wow the detectives need you on their squad, you deducted all of that from a two paragraph article and after hearing only one side of the story... You are brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

"who in their right mind would unload a magizine on the dog? i DO NOT believe the dog kept coming with 3 rounds in him. but we have no idea what kind of gun the man was carrying." Most people I know have been trained to shoot until the threat has been stopped and not to pop off a few and see if the threat drops or runs. Also he said that he fired 3 shots and then fired again until the gun was empty, no where did it say that all of the three hit the dog and we already know that there was at least one round that missed.

"if a dog was charging and he shot it, it would hit the dog in the chest, left or right it would blow apart a shoulder, a dog is not going to continue charging." That is absolutely not accurate, I have seen animals (dogs included) that can continue to charge after being hit numerous times and as you state we have no idea what caliber the gun was or the round count...

"as well as if your going to carry a gun WITH INTENT TO KILL you sure as F#$K better be a damn good shot." One stray out of an entire magazine, seems on a f**king good shot to me...

:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads