JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

Last weekend I received a Form 1 back on which I had made an error. I corrected the error and mailed it back, it should arrive tomorrow. Does anyone know what the wait time has been running after an error correction lately?

I was told by my SOT that your application just gets put on hold until the correction is received, so no wait time other than mail delivery time. Just what I was told

I was told by my SOT that your application just gets put on hold until the correction is received, so no wait time other than mail delivery time. Just what I was told

That's what it was a few years ago, but I vaguely remember someone earlier this year saying it took another 2-3 months. IDK....

If you don't mind me asking, what was this mistake they were so picky about?

When I had my Trust made up the name was "XYZ Trust" (name redacted), but the ATF incorrectly read the name to be "XYZ Trust dated December 8th 2011". Which hasn't been a big deal with Form 4's, I just included the date and it was fine. But there was no way I was going to engrave the stupid date on my gun, so I didn't include the date on box 4h. They approved it that way on my previous Form 1, but didn't approve it this time. So I wrote an amendment changing the name of the Trust and it apparently worked. It will be interesting to see if it still works when I E-Form another Form 1 in a few weeks.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews