Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Error correction - timeline?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by Modeler, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Hi all,

Last weekend I received a Form 1 back on which I had made an error. I corrected the error and mailed it back, it should arrive tomorrow. Does anyone know what the wait time has been running after an error correction lately?

2. Modeler

No one? No one else messes up on their NFA forms?

3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Mine was only a few days given the postal service.

Current wait times for error corrections Ive heard were just 1 week, maybe more.

4. BradC

BradC Clackamas Active Member

I was told by my SOT that your application just gets put on hold until the correction is received, so no wait time other than mail delivery time. Just what I was told

5. Modeler

That's what it was a few years ago, but I vaguely remember someone earlier this year saying it took another 2-3 months. IDK....

6. BradC

Oh wow... sure hope not :eek:

7. Modeler

It'll be what it'll be, I guess. As long as I get it back before the snow really starts flying on the pass so I can drive over to have Tom Denall shorten it up for me.

8. BradC

I wish my attitude was that good... haha! I just sent in my form 4's and I'm already sick of waiting.

9. Modeler

Went out to the mailbox just now and there it was, a stamped, coffee stained Form 1. A week is about right after all!

BradC likes this.
  10. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

My dealer fills them out for us and another staff member checks and then the secretary re-checks them before they are submitted. 3 sets of eyes before they go out, in addition to the customer's review.

11. Modeler

It was a Form 1, no dealer involved ☺

12. BradC

If you don't mind me asking, what was this mistake they were so picky about?

13. Modeler

When I had my Trust made up the name was "XYZ Trust" (name redacted), but the ATF incorrectly read the name to be "XYZ Trust dated December 8th 2011". Which hasn't been a big deal with Form 4's, I just included the date and it was fine. But there was no way I was going to engrave the stupid date on my gun, so I didn't include the date on box 4h. They approved it that way on my previous Form 1, but didn't approve it this time. So I wrote an amendment changing the name of the Trust and it apparently worked. It will be interesting to see if it still works when I E-Form another Form 1 in a few weeks.