Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Enforcing Currect Gun Laws

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by hollowbase, Feb 17, 2013.

1. hollowbase

hollowbase Oregon Member

I found the following entry this morning in the Statesman Journal under the Court News section, I left off the name of the "citizen" involved:
    Felon in possession of firearms, domestic violence assault , harassment and two counts fleeing or attempting to elude police officers, 30 days in jail, 36 months probation, Judge Wasserman.

I'll be sending this to our state legislatures, it's a prime example of not putting any teeth in our sentencing. This clown will be back on the street in 30 days and we're all going to be exposed to the danger.

2. kumabear17

kumabear17 Issaquah Active Member

Every time we read about a case like this we should send it to our Legislature. True the Judge enforces the law, but the Legislature ought to be able to write laws Liberal Judges can't ignore. And I just assume the Judge is Liberal because of the seemingly stupid court decision. I could be wrong. He just might be stupid too. :)

3. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

And people wonder why we have so many repeat criminals.

4. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

Nice history the guy has. He should have already been in jail, he definatly needs to spend alot more than 30 days in jail.

5. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Is this the "honorable" Francis C Wasserman form Colorado? Colorado is "fouled" up. This is just one of the many symptoms.

6. hollowbase

hollowbase Oregon Member

Actually guys, I screwed up the spelling on the good judge's name it's Wassman. I sent my e-mails lat night to my state legislators. I told them in thirty days time we will all be exposed to this "citizen". I explained that I am my own first responder and this is what I have to be prepared for. So, yes I think I need 13 rounds in my semi automatic pistol.

7. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

In Washington, to be honest, it's 90% really poor legislation and 10% judging when it comes to sentencing. The sentencing guidelines for anything other than very serious violent crimes are a joke.

And the feds are completely uninterested in actually addressing violent crime. If they were, every case of felon in possession of a firearm in Chicago would go to a federal court with it's minimum 5-year sentence, ranging up to 15 for habitual criminals. and the federal system has no parole. You DO at least 85% of the sentence.

8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Why do you think that WA was willing to let MJ be legalized? Part was to help reduce the population in the jails & the judiciary system with lowly possession cases and because they saw $$$$$$$ signs from taxes!!!
    Our legislators play the system, juggle laws, break promises, think they are above the very laws constituents have to follow for one single reason, to get elected. Plain & simple, they could give a rats arse about anything else, makes me want to retch...