JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those of you that have doggos. :)

https://www.activeresponsetraining....P4FolZJlSEgy5qmCeOfdO6LtkgqW1VtHajSgMR1dkmWeI

In most field and tactical medicine scenarios, the tourniquet is the aid provider's best friend (Not all Tourniquets are Created Equal | Active Response Training). Despite its critical role in human medicine, the tourniquet isn't the best option for man's best friend. In my experience, and in the US Military's experience with working dogs, tourniquets are not usually necessary to control severe bleeding in dogs. The most likely reasons for this include the fact that each limb of a dog receives a smaller percentage of blood to it than the comparable limb on a human, as well as the fact that the dog's body covers the femoral artery and axillary artery keeping them more protected than their equivalents would be in a human. There is simply less of a chance that a major blood vessel will be damaged in a dog than in a human.

I have a small Doggy First aid kit with me at all times! Couldn't tell you how many times I have had to stitch up a chest or leg wound on my boys! For those with active working breeds, this is a must have if you are anywhere outside the cities with 24 hour emergency Vet services! I have yet to see any doggy specific kits, so you would have to make your own!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top