JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Horrible to hear. My questions obviously go directly to whether or not this was a gun from the home or if it was an outside source. I hope this was gang related. Perhaps that would bring a little more attention to the area. The sad part is that no matter the source, it will go back to gun control instead of gang control.

Story has been updated...
It was a drive by shooting.
The girl was INSIDE the home at the time.
This kind of thing must not be tolerated.
I'm gonna stop typing before I go full scale unhinged...

And this is the reason that every neighborhood watch should be on patrol, with ARs.

i belive a 20 mm mini gun would be more in tune.
shoot 2 in the engine block get thier guns welld the doors shut (with them in it)
take it out to the range and open fire :D

just my 2 cents from almost being shot by a drive by down in calli

POSTED ON Friday, January 14, 2011 AT 08:09AM
NEW Five gang-related shootings overnight in Lower Valley

Yakima Herald-Republic

YAKIMA, Wash. -- Dozens upon dozens of rounds were fired into at least six homes in the Lower Yakima Valley overnight, possibly in retribution for a drive-by Wednesday that seriously injured a 13-year-old Sunnyside girl.

According to authorities, the sequence of drive-bys, all gang-related, began Thursday night and carried over into the early hours this morning. Four occurred in Yakima County, one of the striking two houses. One of the shootings took place in the city of Grandview.

In a news release, sheriff’s Sgt. Mike Russell declared all four county shootings to be gang-related and said detectives are investigating "commonalities" with the drive-by Wednesday in Sunnyside that may have been the triggering event. In another release, Grandview Assistant Police Chief Mark Ware said he suspects his city’s incident is related to the others and Wednesday’s shooting.

Law enforcement described the incidents as follows:

• 8:30 p.m. Thursday, at least 12 shots were fired at and into a house in the 2200 block of Olmstead Road, near Grandview.

Sheriff’s deputies said people were home at the time, but no one was injured, though some bullets narrowly missed occupants by only a few feet. Deputies said multiple firearms were used, including a shotgun.

• 9 p.m., at least 16 rounds were fired at and into a residence in the 800 block of West Edison Road in Sunnyside. Deputies said a rifle was used in the attack. No one was injured, though multiple rounds struck the residence.

The suspect vehicle, a burgundy Ford Expedition with gray trim and tinted windows, is similar in description to the Olmstead Road shooting 30 minutes earlier.

• 11:15 p.m., two homes in the first block of First Avenue in Outlook were struck by pistol fire. Several rounds entered both residences. No injuries were reported.

Deputies were already saturating the area and stopped several vehicles similar in appearance to the suspect vehicle, said to be a dark-colored Honda, but no arrests were made.

• At 11:25 p.m., gunfire struck a residence, with a bullet flying through the window, in the 300 block of Avenue E in Grandview. Eight people were inside, including two children, but nobody was struck or otherwise injured, Ware said in his news release.

Ware said detectives know nothing about a suspect or vehicles. "Yes, we would assume this incident is connected to the other shootings which occurred last night around the area," Ware said. "Yes it is more than likely gang related. I don’t know with any certainty what the specific motive may have been beyond gang vs. gang."

• 2 a.m. today, at least 16 pistol rounds were fired at and into a residence in the 700 block of Hudson Road, Granger. No injuries were reported and the suspect vehicle was last seen fleeing eastbound on Hudson.

In that incident, a 13-year-old girl was seriously injured when she was struck in the leg and upper torso by gunfire while inside her family’s home on South 10th Street.
~~~~~

In my humble opinion, there is nothing more cowardly than the gang mentality. What kind of idiot goes around shooting at occupied houses during a drive-by? Do they really think "Yeah, that'll show 'em"?

Grown men sitting around all day drinking beer, protecting the hood. What a bunch of self-proclaimed victims of what, racism? Try getting a job. Can't? Shoulda stayed in school, fool. No opportunities? Get on a bus and go to where the jobs are. You know, the one's that "Americans won't take".

Hey, that guy over there disrespected me! Let's get in the car and shoot-up their house!

It's truly pathetic.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a Lebanese fellow when we each lived in Denmark. He told of being in the military when Israel did something to Lebanon. His 'unit' was sent on a mission to retaliate against Israel.

As the story goes, they marched over the mountains for 14 hours. At the border they fired all of their ammo into an empty desert before marching 14 hours back across the mountains.

When I asked, "What good did that do?" he said, "We had to do something!"

In my humble opinion, there is nothing more cowardly than the gang mentality. What kind of idiot goes around shooting at occupied houses during a drive-by? Do they really think "Yeah, that'll show 'em"?

Grown men sitting around all day drinking beer, protecting the hood. What a bunch of self-proclaimed victims of what, racism? Try getting a job. Can't? Shoulda stayed in school, fool. No opportunities? Get on a bus and go to where the jobs are. You know, the one's that "Americans won't take".

Hey, that guy over there disrespected me! Let's get in the car and shoot-up their house!

It's truly pathetic.

I think people doing nothing about this is a little more cowardly. People not ratting these kind out. A girl gets shot and her friends and family don't give names for fear of retaliation.

Feed them to the coyotes,till them into the soil.
Clean these types out,so they understand normal folk don't want to live in a war zone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top