JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ryan Tannehill?s wife returns rental car, forgets*AR-15 rifle in the back seat* - NY Daily News

Ryan Tannehill's wife returns rental car, forgets AR-15 rifle in the back seat
According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Lauren Tannehill left behind a $2,000 AR-15 rifle in the back seat of a rented Nissan SUV, only for it to be discovered two days later by next people to rent the the vehicle. The Tannehills refused to comment beyond calling the incident a 'personal matter.'

By Bernie Augustine / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 6:29 P

Lauren Tannehill left quite a surprise behind for the next driver of a rental car earlier this month.

The model wife of Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill reportedly forgot a $2,000 AR-15 rifle in the back seat of a Nissan SUV she rented on Jan. 4, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported Wednesday.

No charges were filed, and the weapon is legally owned by the Dolphins quarterback. Through a Dolphins spokesman, the Tannehills called the incident a "personal matter" and didn't comment further.

According to the report, Lauren Tannehill rented a Nissan Rogue on Jan. 4, only to exchange it for another car a few hours later. The Rogue was then rented to Judith Fleissig of Rochester, N.Y., three hours after Tannehill returned it. Fleissig was in the area with her daughter who was interviewing for a pediatric residency program in Miami.

Ryan Tannehill's wife, Lauren, leaves this AR-15 rifle in the back seat of a rental car.

Two days after picking the car up, Fleissig's daughter discovered the gun. "Oh my God, it's a gun," Fleissig recalled her daughter saying. "I said, ‘I think I'm going to throw up.'"

Ryan and Lauren Tannehill reportedly called E-Z Rent-A-Car to report a missing item from the Nissan Rogue the couple rented, but wouldn't say what the missing item was.

Fleissig sad that she and her daughter got out of the car — "we were kind of freaked out," she told the paper — took a photo of it and went to the police station. The company that rented the car, E-Z Rent-A-Car, told the Sun-Sentinel that cars are cleaned out before they are rented out again. "I'm not sure how that could get past," Charlie Graham, the company's VP of business development, told the paper.

The Tannehills immediately called the rental car company to report a missing item but wouldn't specify what was missing, a source told the paper.

"Though dangerous if it would have landed in the wrong hands, it's not criminal," Broward sherrif's spokeswoman Keyla Concepcion told the Sun-Sentinel.

Sandy Hook killer Adam Lanza used a variation of the AR-15, which was the weapon of choice of James E. Hooper in the 2012 Aurora, Colo., shooting that killed 12 and injured 70.

What the hell does a mass shooting have to do with someone being stupid and forgetting a piece of property in a car? OH MAN I LEFT A HAMMER IN MY RENTAL CAR BACK IN 1903 SOME GUY KILLED A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WITH A HAMMER BETTER PUT THAT AT THE END OF THE NEWS PIECE.

Journalism is bullbubblegum and makes me sick.

What the hell does a mass shooting have to do with someone being stupid and forgetting a piece of property in a car? OH MAN I LEFT A HAMMER IN MY RENTAL CAR BACK IN 1903 SOME GUY KILLED A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WITH A HAMMER BETTER PUT THAT AT THE END OF THE NEWS PIECE.

Are you saying you think your gonna throw up?

No, because somebody else's right to spew garbage and bullbubblegum is their right. I'm a man and I can stomach OTHER PEOPLE'S RIGHTS. You know, the things they get to do regardless of my opinion?

It's using repetition to demonize something. It is useful psychologically. I've seen people buy in because they keep hearing this line of thinking. If all someone hears about AR's is they're used in mass shootings, they probably will have a negative opinion.

I don't understand...why was this other lady, besides the obvious of being a complete drama queen, stating that she was going to throw up?

Maybe she thought it was a Hi-Point carbine? My wife has one and every time I see it in the safe I want to hurl.

Did they leave the rifle in the back seat with no case? If you were flying with it you are supposed to transport it in a locked case (then again could have been a private flight). If you called to report "personal property" left in the car and it was in a case you could say that you left one of your bags in the car to avoid looking like an irresponsible person... Just sayin

Well the whole thing makes me wanna puke & I think I still have that right

That's the beauty of America. For the time being you still have that right. Just like that Richard noggin journalist has the right to spew his or her anti gun hate speech. Too bad the general public is flat out too stupid to comprehend bad journalism when they see it.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

I don't understand...why was this other lady, besides the obvious of being a complete drama queen, stating that she was going to throw up?

Maybe she thought it was a Hi-Point carbine? My wife has one and every time I see it in the safe I want to hurl.

READING COMPREHENSION IS A LOST ART:

Two days after picking the car up, Fleissig's daughter discovered the gun. "Oh my God, it's a gun," Fleissig recalled her daughter saying. "I said, ‘I think I'm going to throw up.'"

THE DAUGHTER SAID I THINK I AM GOING TO THROW UP.

Its this kind of attention to detail that we gripe about in reporting.

READING COMPREHENSION IS A LOST ART:

THE DAUGHTER SAID I THINK I AM GOING TO THROW UP.

Its this kind of attention to detail that we gripe about in reporting.

I could really care less if it were the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus or the Second coming of Christ......point is, they're casting for attention and when we get into these little spats about grammar, reading comprehension or whatever, you're giving them the attention they want, so chill ok?

Something else, not related too much with the articles intentions is: WTF were they thinking (obviously they weren't) by not knowing where their AR is (24/7 accountability) trumps any fricking thing (including BRAIN FARTS) it's not like it is a piece of frikin luggage, how stupid can they be!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top