JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ya know... I watch alot of Edwin's stuff.... A couple million fans, FFL certs galore and lots of neat toys...
I'd still never go out shooting with the guy.

At that range, with AP - I'd rather gamble on surviving a through and through than explode from wearing a vest that can *apparently* stop and disperse all that shock into my chest. I'd love to see that thing strapped to a 55 gal barrel full of water...

As a vest - no practical applications... (He said they don't actually make this - just the plate technology) But - from what I saw, less that what looked like 2 +/- inches of lightweight armor STOPPED a 50 cal armor piercing round in its tracks. I want to know more!

Mk211 might go thru it - if there was enough to ignite the charge - I am given to understand that it generally needs metal to cause the charge to ignite. Either way, I would not want to get hit by a .50 BMG round, although I went to college with a vet who got hit by a Soviet 12.7mm round in the leg. He walked with a cane and a pronounced limp.

reminds me of this vid I saw where a guy was testing a shark suit on a great white. the shark did not bite through the suit, but the bite force severed the arm..:rolleyes:

Damn!! that is impressive. The Co that made that has come a long way in the tech for the Level IV plates. They show them shooting one with smaller rifle rounds and the impressive part is the plate will take multiple hits and keep working. The earlier days of these they tended to be good for only the first hit. That Co makes some nice soft armor. Going to replace my work set with one of theirs here soon but not of course the Level IV stuff :D

200 times??????
I do like the first one... stands right up and finishes the target table with what's left.
Dude had some stones.
Sadly he later got sued into bankruptcy which few ever seem to hear about. A Japanese Co. invented a replacement for Kevlar that at the time was amazing. I almost bought one. They used to show a guy ringing a vest in his hands like it was a t-shirt. The stuff was of course light years more comfortable, and about 3 times the cost. Well they soon found out things like florescent lighting degraded it. Too late they started to put out warnings. A few LEO's got shot and the vest failed. So here come the lawyers and soon Second Chance was gone. I started seeing the name again years later but don't know if it was still his Co or if he sold the naming rights. :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top