JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5420/

details of the wildfire... started by lightning.

sad about the fire but not the closure for the eclipse... a million tourist flocking here to party on our public lands in the path of totality, what could go wrong. Then they get to go home and leave us their mess behind.

I know I spent a bunch of time drooling over Google maps, looking at all of the public land with great cleanings here and there. I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking of going into the sticks!

The whole eclipse thing will last nearly two hours from start to finish with Totality being between 1.25 and 1.75 min In a bunch of trees is not a good place for viewing. A Walmart parking lot or High School Baseball field would be a better choice. I am going to stick to my second story deck.

I may just have to toss my rifle behind the truck seat that day because of all the mass hysteria going on around this eclipse. Going to try avoiding Portland like the plague though. Glad the ODF closed thru the eclipse. Still not happy about how they generally manage the forest though.

T minus 1 Week

<broken link removed> Off Topic Aug 7, 2017
eclipse failure Off Topic Aug 3, 2017
Eclipse Camping in Madras Off Topic Jun 16, 2017
Anyone else making plans for the eclipse? Off Topic Jun 11, 2017
Anyone Traveling to See the Total Eclipse in August?? Off Topic Jan 19, 2017

eclipse_searches.png

Analysis | The path of the solar eclipse is already altering real-world behavior

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top