JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a freshly Duracoated rifle...

how soon can I put oil on it? Just the inside of the receiver...

I suppose the the rails will wear off anyway from the bolt.

is there a timeframe for oiling it? Duracoat says that it is ready for use in 24hrs... I assume that means safe to clean too????????

let me give you my experience. If you want it to last as long as possible put the unassembled firearm on a clean towel once the 24 hours has gone by and put it some where you can't see it for a WEEK or more. Even though the stuff is dry its going to continue to cure for quite a while. I did a 870 and left it hanging for 3 days then put the parts in my gun room to sit for a week and the stuff is like new a couple years later. The longer you wait the better it will be.

Duracoat says 3 weeks for final cure.
You can handle it after 24hrs.
After all you've been through with this rifle, wait a couple days more-you'll be glad you did.
I've gotten to the point that when I coat a gun for someone I tell them delivery will be 3 days longer than it actually is. What they don't know makes both me and them happier in the end;)

So basically... put it somewhere and pretend its not there for a couple of weeks?

Thats fine. I wont be able to go to the range for a while anyway.

Does it need air or just time? Should I NOT have it in a case... just leave it out????

Thanks again

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads