JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a freshly Duracoated rifle...

how soon can I put oil on it? Just the inside of the receiver...

I suppose the the rails will wear off anyway from the bolt.

is there a timeframe for oiling it? Duracoat says that it is ready for use in 24hrs... I assume that means safe to clean too????????

let me give you my experience. If you want it to last as long as possible put the unassembled firearm on a clean towel once the 24 hours has gone by and put it some where you can't see it for a WEEK or more. Even though the stuff is dry its going to continue to cure for quite a while. I did a 870 and left it hanging for 3 days then put the parts in my gun room to sit for a week and the stuff is like new a couple years later. The longer you wait the better it will be.

Duracoat says 3 weeks for final cure.
You can handle it after 24hrs.
After all you've been through with this rifle, wait a couple days more-you'll be glad you did.
I've gotten to the point that when I coat a gun for someone I tell them delivery will be 3 days longer than it actually is. What they don't know makes both me and them happier in the end;)

So basically... put it somewhere and pretend its not there for a couple of weeks?

Thats fine. I wont be able to go to the range for a while anyway.

Does it need air or just time? Should I NOT have it in a case... just leave it out????

Thanks again

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top