JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, got lucky and drew a Dunn Forest turkey permit. Went out this morning and saw a ton of turkeys near the 400 Road gate but it seemed they were all smart enough to be feeding in the safety zone. Did a good bit of walking on the east side of the Forest but I didn't find a good spot for a set up. I ran out of time before getting to check out the 200 Road area. Planning on going back later next week to scout that area out. I'm wondering if anyone has hunted the area before, were you successful? Where would you suggest scouting? Thanks!

I hunted in Dunn Forest in 2013, and I was lucky enough to get a small turkey using a box call and decoy.

If I remember correctly, there were three gated entrances to Dunn Forest, and I walked in from the second entrance. My memory is that the good areas I found were all around the 400 roads.

I walked along a lower road and called frequently as I went. When I heard a reply I set up with a decoy. When the turkeys responded to the call they left some private land that was located below the road and came up to where I was located.

You have to be careful of the safety zones that are in the area. That was my experience (or at least the way I remember it!). Hope that helps some.

Good luck.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top