JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guys,
By the blessings of God, I became a citizen yesterday.
Now I ask all those naturalized citizens who claim 'dual citizenship' WHY did you lie in your oath ceremony?
Are you American or not? did you not swear under god...

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend he Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform :noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me GOD

Just my 2 cents.

God bless our; (my); Country!!!!

WOW. My wife has Dual "Citizenship" She born in England and as such is a Subject of the Queen. Her Father was at the time a Sgt in the USAF and was stationed there. She was born in a English Nursing home as there was no clinic on the base where her dad was stationed.

She has never renounced anything She has always been both a US and English Citizen. She has an English Birth Certificate and a Registry of Birth abroad from the US State Dept.

Naturalized citizens don't take an oath. Americans born in other countries don't either. So no need to lie.

Virginia educator " A pencil is a weapon when it is pointed at another person and gun noises are made"

The U.S. has never recognized "dual citizenship" other countries do. This dates back to the american revolution. Many claimed to be British or American whenever the need arose.

Hi Mark, obviously I am cogniscent with this type of circumstance.
That's why I specifically referred to 'naturalized' citizens like myself.

A naturalized citizen has to take the oath.

As for your wife's circimstance, that is totally different. The UK recognizes her as a dual citizen. The US recognizes her as a US citizen

Naturalized citizens can never claim "dual citizenship". Once you take the oath quoted in the original post, you are a US citizen and nothing else in the eyes of the US government. The naturalization process does not confiscate/destroy your former passport and more than likely you can still use it, just never with any US authority/agency. As soon as you are in international airspace/waters, you can use whichever passport you prefer.

On a related note, friends of mine wanted to go vacation in Brazil. They are naturalized US citizens and as such the Brazilian government required them to apply and pay for visas to enter the country. The cost was ~$500 per person. They happened to have their former passports which were still valid from a country that had visa-free agreement with Brazil. Needless to say, they flew out as US citizens, but presented their former passports when entering Brazil - no issues and they saved almost a grand on visas alone.

People born abroad to US citizens or US born individuals with foreign parents can legally claim dual citizenship which is still not recognized by US authorities. That's the conclusion I've reached researching this topic.

Guys,
Now I ask all those naturalized citizens who claim 'dual citizenship' WHY did you lie in your oath ceremony?
Are you American or not? did you not swear under god...

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend he Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform :noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me GOD

Just my 2 cents.

God bless our; (my); Country!!!!

Personally I wouldn't trust anyone who is willing to swear allegiance to another country, abandoning the promise they made to their native land. I've met brother veterans who've said to me, "the oath of allegiance is only words". Like they mean nothing. Such people are mercenaries, if you abandoned your own country because another country had something to offer you, or had something that you can gain from, then you are no less mercenary, and no brother or sister of mine.

That doesn't make any sense.
By an accident of nature we are born where we are... no promise was ever made to your 'native' land.
I see faults and promises from all countries, and choose to align myself and support the one that matches my beliefs and pholosophies as closely as possible.
You say this makes me a mercenary? and no brother or sister of yours?
You must be very lonely then as that's what this country was founded upon, what made it great, and what makes it worth fighting for.
In effect you are saying that everyone here is mercenary in nature.
I find that very disrespectful to our our (mercenary) founding fathers and freedom fighters.

Guys,
Congrats Paul! Welcome to the most reviled country in the world according to the malcontents. Come on in, the water is fine!
We aren't perfect but at least we aren't blowing each other up over some 6 century old misunderstanding. Oh, wait, some of us are, DAMMIT. Congratulations any way, we could always use another loyal rifleman.

Brutus Out

That doesn't make any sense.
By an accident of nature we are born where we are... no promise was ever made to your 'native' land.
I see faults and promises from all countries, and choose to align myself and support the one that matches my beliefs and pholosophies as closely as possible.
You say this makes me a mercenary? and no brother or sister of yours?
You must be very lonely then as that's what this country was founded upon, what made it great, and what makes it worth fighting for.
In effect you are saying that everyone here is mercenary in nature.
I find that very disrespectful to our our (mercenary) founding fathers and freedom fighters.

The founding fathers were not mercenaries, they were third generation colonists who were trying to make their country a better place (however, just to be on the right side of history they were still slave owners, and most of the changes they sought only really benefited white men). Mercenaries and freedom fighters are not the same thing, mercenaries seek personal gain, freedom fighters claim a cause. European settlers moved here before passports and citizenship even really existed. If you came here seeking something better, because you feel your own country is inadequate or failed you in some way, then what is to say that you won't do the same thing again, when it suits you.

I served for 12 years, I had as much respect for those I was fighting as I did my comrades, because those people were truly willing to defend what they truly believed in and were prepared to offer their lives and the lives of others for that belief. Your attacks on my person are ridiculous, especially if you think everyone in the US thinks the same way as you do, perhaps in the same way you thought everyone in your native country thought in the opposite direction of you. Just out of interest, where are you from.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country".

Naturalized citizens do indeed take that oath to become citizens. The OP is correct.
On the subject of dual citizenship it does exist in cases where the country of birth recognizes it. My roommate was born in France; both parents were Americans but France considered him a French citizen as well. This proved a bit troublesome when he was in the US Navy in port at Brest and had to stay on board ship because French authorities had orders to take him in the draft.

My congratulations to you, Paul. While we are an often contentious people we're still a good bunch. Welcome to the fold.
~Jim

Many people in high office in the US are dual Israeli-US citizens. You know, the ones that are hacking away at what is left of our freedoms, including Feinstein. Their interests are not the interests of the people here. DHS's top people, the authors of the unPatriot act, look for just about anyone at the top of a 'security' position, and you will find a I/S 'citizen.'

https://www.facebook.com/notes/we-a...ith-israeli-dual-citizenship-/175479365845092

The American people are pretty ignorant to the fact that top people in our government are indeed foreigners.

From the link -

I don't know about you, but dual citizenship is fine with me for an ordinary citizen. But if you hold an official position that demands that you put American interests above all else -- if you should look transparent and fair to the rest of the world regarding your formation of Middle East foreign policies, then this is a dangerous trend. Even if there were no pro-Israeli agenda, the fact that decision makers have a bias or an allegiance to one of the parties involved in the current conflict should have raised red flags long before now.

If you think we're being unfair here, ask yourself: How you would react to the Head of Homeland Security if he or she were a dual national with citizenship in Iran, Lebanon or Saudi Arabia? Ask yourself why you don't feel the same about Israeli dual citizenship. Then you will understand how powerful the Israeli lobby has been in "adjusting" your acceptance of their special status.

That is because of a common interest in the Middle East, not because of a Judaist conspiracy to take over the world. If they wrote it, it is because someone in the government had them write it. I'm not even sure we've ever really been that free. The US runs around money and the people who have it, the rest of us may as well be peasants, as far as the wealthy and government are concerned.

OP: I'm truly interested in what you mean by "and choose to align myself and support the one that matches my beliefs and pholosophies as closely as possible." lets talk about it.

Thanks guys to all who welcomed me.
I firmly believe that despite it's faults; and all countries have them; that the USA is still the last true bastion of democracy left.
I for one am proud to now call myself a citizen, and yes; if it comes to it; die for my country.

I apologize if my question wound some people up, but it has always annoyed me that people can take an oath so lightly.
Perhaps this explains some of the problems we do see today.

That is because of a common interest in the Middle East, not because of a Judaist conspiracy to take over the world. If they wrote it, it is because someone in the government had them write it. I'm not even sure we've ever really been that free. The US runs around money and the people who have it, the rest of us may as well be peasants, as far as the wealthy and government are concerned.

Common interest, or their interest? People that believe it is fine that foreigners are in positions in power in OUR government (Israeli, Russian, or whatever) are foolish. No, we've never been free, of course, that is a given. Just the illusion of freedom. We are mere slaves to the (?) Global Central Banking Oligarchs; who they are, hmm, who knows!? lol

Our Israeli friends have taught us well about how to control our dumbed down populace, how to run foreign occupations, torture, spy (most of that monitoring goes to Tel Aviv before it even gets to the NSA), etc. (and YES, I'd say the same if they were Irish or German, BUT they ARE Israeli and out to support THEIR agenda not necessarily what is good for US). So don't play the pathetic anti-semitic card. Disgusting and surprisingly transparent. The whole 9/11 fraud wreaks of their doing also, has from the beginning.

They are far from being our 'friends', propaganda has just let us to believe they are. Search for "USS Liberty attack" for evidence of that fact.

My guess is if you listed all the anti-2a people working overtime to push gun control you will find the majority are linked backed to this political 'dual' process. Yes, I know certain 'faithful' are to unconditionally support them in everything, well that is idiot programming only. Without that blinder perhaps deluded Americans could see that they are being bent over.

I am aware that our whole political process is a fraud, but a great start would have been to deport all these dual-citizenship political positions-of-power a-holes right now. Of ANY dual citizenship. That would be the biggest blow to the anti 2A movement ever.

** Last comment and apologies for the OT rant, but this is the first time I saw the subject of Dual Citizenship come up. As for the OP, better if you go somewhere else before this place goes to hell in a hand basket, just IMO of course; plus any God would have thrown this place overboard long, long ago; there is nothing Godly about this nation at all. (speaking of the corp state and its policies/deeds). **

Well. They are our only friends in the Middle East, in return we arm them. That is the common interest. Politics has always been that way, helping each other keep the minions in perpetual fear to maintain control. I think foreigners being able to hold key government positions is possibly one of the greatest things about the US, I believe we are the only country in the world where someone can migrate from another country and hold political office.

As far as controlling the population through fear, I think we do a good job without any help. I can only imagine what kind of propaganda was running around when we were committing genocide against the American Indians, and interning Japanese-Americans, or how FDR talked the people into supporting the war in Europe during WWII while antisemitism was so strong.

Germany didn't declare war on the US, until after the attacks on Pearl Harbor. We didn't engage in the combat in Europe until 1943, an apparently little know fact however is that the British, declared war on Japan on 8th December 1941, and went into action against them soon after. Pearl Habor definitely provided FDR with the public support he needed to enter the war.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top