JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry guys,
I didn't mean to start a long thread like this in the wrong forum.
I was just so happy to finally be an American that I wanted to share my joy.
Sorry I got off of the original intent to basically say Hi, i'm finally a brother of my fellow community members.

God bless you all

The founding fathers were not mercenaries, they were third generation colonists who were trying to make their country a better place (however, just to be on the right side of history they were still slave owners, and most of the changes they sought only really benefited white men). Mercenaries and freedom fighters are not the same thing, mercenaries seek personal gain, freedom fighters claim a cause. European settlers moved here before passports and citizenship even really existed. If you came here seeking something better, because you feel your own country is inadequate or failed you in some way, then what is to say that you won't do the same thing again, when it suits you.

I served for 12 years, I had as much respect for those I was fighting as I did my comrades, because those people were truly willing to defend what they truly believed in and were prepared to offer their lives and the lives of others for that belief. Your attacks on my person are ridiculous, especially if you think everyone in the US thinks the same way as you do, perhaps in the same way you thought everyone in your native country thought in the opposite direction of you. Just out of interest, where are you from.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country".

I suppose you have Jessie Jackson & Al Sharpton on speed dial too huh !

I'm a dual citizen, never had to take any kind of oath. I think I agree, in spirit with that oath, although I would defend my countrymen in Canada just the same. It is doubtful I would ever have to make a choice. The population in this country from the commander in chief on down, in my opinion, is mostly out for their own personal ends, mostly for personal financial benefit. Corporations, not foreign interests, are mostly behind policy in our government. I would change the oath, and require the legislators, judicial officials, and executives to also denounce their allegiance to any corporate entity. If only JFK's words "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." were taken to heart, this country would not be on the unfortunate path it is on.

I suppose you have Jessie Jackson & Al Sharpton on speed dial too huh !

I've known vets who told me that the oath of allegiance was just words and they don't mean anything. If your word isn't worth anything to you, then you're not any different to the spurious politicians that people are always bubbleguming about on here. I quoted JFK because it is true, far too many people (many of whom should never have even thought about joining the military) enlist for the GI bill, not because they want to protect their country. Equally migrants only to end up walking around Target to buy piles of plastic crap with the rest of us. I don't see why it was necessary for you to be rude.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top