Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Drill, pin and Weld a flash surpressor

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by wakejoe, Jul 16, 2009.

1. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

So, I bought a 14.5 inch barrel, and a vortex flash hider, and plan to install them on my rifle.

But, I ran across a problem. A) I don't have a barrel wrench. But mostly B) When I try to use my drill press, it clicks off the circuit breaker. :D (We recently moved into an apartment, and the garages are annoyingly wired together.)

So, I'm left with an assembled upper, and a spare 14.5 inch barrel and a vortex flash hider.

Can anyone recommend someone who can do the work for me? :D I'd REALLY like to get it done quickly, like tonight or tomorrow.

2. theduke

theduke NW Member

Use your washing machine 110v outlet. Their usualy a higher amprage without GFI. Good Luck

3. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

another tip those vortexes are made of hard steel harder than the phantoms you may want to use a carbide bit

4. Sawdust

Sawdust Bull Mountain(Tigard), OR Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

FYI. I've got the correct wrench, drill press and vise and some free time tomorrow night. PM if you need help.

5. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

did you get it figured out, OP?