JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why Does The Mainstream Media Like To Make Fun Of Preppers So Much?

Americans are not any better than those living in the Philippines. When something really, really bad happens in the heart of the United States, we will see mass panic and fear here too.

And most Americans are completely and totally unprepared for even a minor emergency...

-44 percent of all Americans do not have first-aid kits in their homes.

-48 percent of all Americans do not have any emergency supplies stored up at all.

-53 percent of all Americans do not have a 3 day supply of nonperishable food and water in their homes.

So instead of making fun of preppers, perhaps the mainstream media should be encouraging more people to prepare for future emergencies.

Someday major disaster will strike this nation, and what that happens it will be the preppers that will have the last laugh.

Funny that out of all the gun people, uncles, dad who taught me to shoot my Mother hates guns yet she has always kept a couple rain barrels for and a lot of spare water in the garage along with a good month supply of non perishables in case of disaster. Learned from the best with what she keeps around. I always pick up the same food items for the emergency stash as it was instilled from the most harmless and non confrontational yet common sense having woman I know. She may not be holding a Glock but she will make you a damn good bowl of soup or oatmeal!

You mean your not going to make your own body armor that only protects from 12g birdshot and .22lr? I mean, no one uses ANYTHING else, only those.....

oh yea, the roofing tar and duct tape plates :s0114:. that guy would end up dead very quickly if he were to follow through with the bs he was talking. at least his insulating layer would protect him where his armor fails though.

That guy made himself a target. He is a friggin' moron and won't last thru the first 3 days of a true SHTF scenario. Announce to the world where you live and your plans, show your face and that of family and friends. I can gauruntee that LE has infiltrated his "group" or is at least actively tracking their moves. All that for 15 minutes of fame and a pittance that is probably already spent.

Just looking at the guy you can tell he's a couple cans short of a six-pack. You ain't marauding crap when you're laying in a pool of your own blood, and neither is your feeble "group" when they're either emulating your death or running away.

That guy made himself a target. He is a friggin' moron and won't last thru the first 3 days of a true SHTF scenario. Announce to the world where you live and your plans, show your face and that of family and friends. I can gauruntee that LE has infiltrated his "group" or is at least actively tracking their moves. All that for 15 minutes of fame and a pittance that is probably already spent.

Just looking at the guy you can tell he's a couple cans short of a six-pack. You ain't marauding crap when you're laying in a pool of your own blood, and neither is your feeble "group" when they're either emulating your death or running away.

yea, luckily he's just plain stupid instead of an intelligent threat.

I've always secretly hoped that these type tv shows were totally made up by producers. I cant believe people would make fools of themselves with the ridicuclous claims they all seem to believe in on national tv. Once you show the rest of the world your "preps" on tv doesn't that make them ineffective? I would think if you were serious about it, you wouldn't broadcast it.

IF SHTF, these people who have bought pallets of food water, supplies will be the first targets.
I mean you can not help but see a 30ft bunker going down the street and where there is a bunker their is money.
Where there are trucks delivering pallets of food there is easy pickens.

I think the best survivors will be those that travel light and small and never stay anywhere too long.
It would depend on the disaster, but in any event if you practically put neon signs out saying I prep and have all this stuff
your a fool.

Just seems silly, Hi my name is Bob I bought all this stuff and if SHTF all my stuff will be here in a whole with me.
Saw one bunker show where it had flooded LOL. Really ??? I think as others have said those air portholes will be the best source for attack.
Something these prep shows never address.

Why does everyone pick on Bob?

Jeez......

:s0114:

R
Why does everyone pick on Bob?

Jeez......

:s0114:

These guys that do being trucks in with pallets of supplies and brag are idiots as
The other commenter pointed out. I however disagree with not having plenty on hand as you
Can easily buy a few things at a time she you grocery shop and
Avoid anyone knowing you are stocked for a good while. If you have to move then at least you can load up with your lightest but most sustainable supplies and all the water you can manage. Nobody takes notice of a guy bringing a gallon of water in with his groceries and a bag with canned and dry food. Slowly but surely is how I have always stocked....not having a truck deliver mass pallets of supplies. Having young kids running will be last resort but reAdy to go.

If SHTF where are people planning on traveling or trekking to? I figure it would be best to stay put, unless your home, or dwelling place is destroyed. Everyone who is not slightly prepared will be heading to the populated areas to look for handouts or rummage through the ruins. That is where military or remaining government forces will be at too, protecting the FEMA camps. Just how they were contracting people out after hurricane Sandy to guard the food and medical supplies.

So, I hear that "home made body armor guy" has been arrested on weapons charges. Apparently, in addition to being a prepper, he is also a convicted felon and not allowed to posses firearms.

'Doomsday Preppers' Tyler Smith arrested for illegal firearms | www.ajc.com

By Kevin McCarty
KIRO-TV - Seattle
BUCKLEY, Wash. — When Tyler Smith appeared on National Geographic's reality show "Doomsday Preppers" he did so with rifle in hand. Smith, 26, shoots at targets and tests homemade body armor while narrating his exploits for the camera.

Smith is the leader of the survivalist group Spartan Survival. He founded the organization in 2005 to train and prepare others for various doomsday scenarios.

The problem is, Smith is a felon, convicted of communicating with a minor for immoral purposes and theft. He's not supposed to go anywhere near a gun.

"Even if he doesn't own the guns, he can't handle, have those weapons, fire them (or) possess them in any way," said Pierce County Sheriff's Detective Ed Troyer.

After spotting him on Doomsday Preppers, Sheriff's investigators began doing some preparing of their own, getting a warrant for Smith's arrest and picking him up Wednesday morning at a home in Bonney Lake where's he's been staying since he left his farm in Buckley.

"Doomsday Preppers" is a reality show that features people often described as survivalists stockpiling food and firearms, getting ready for the fall of society and a lawless future in which individuals must fight to stay alive.

Smith was prominently featured in a segment that aired in November 2013. On the show, he is seen firing several rifles to test his home made body armor, claiming it is superior to professionally made bullet resistant vests. "It's going to be light weight and stronger that anything you can buy in the store," Smith said on the show.

He also bragged for the camera about his plans to raid and loot other doomsday preppers' supplies when the end times came. "All your shiny AR's your high powered .308 rifles, your 50,000 rounds of ammo are all going to be ours", Smith warned.

Pierce county investigators say it was those claims, and Smith's brazen use of firearms on camera that landed him back in jail. "What led us to this guy was himself. He put himself on TV and in newspaper articles and he did things that scared the neighbor," said Troyer.

Smith is a level one sex offender following his conviction in King county in 2009, but he has not registered with law enforcement since his move to Pierce county. Troyer said he could face an additional charge of failing to register as a sex offender.

E

So, I hear that "home made body armor guy" has been arrested on weapons charges. Apparently, in addition to being a prepper, he is also a convicted felon and not allowed to posses firearms.

'Doomsday Preppers' Tyler Smith arrested for illegal firearms | www.ajc.com

The problem is, Smith is a felon, convicted of communicating with a minor for immoral purposes and theft. He's not supposed to go anywhere near a gun.

Great, a potential child molester and a thief. Another poster child for the gun community! (/sarcasm)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top