JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe the dog was making a statement regarding the dog chow , he was getting...:eek::D

All kidding aside , I wonder why he set the gun down , while loaded...
I never walk up and retrieve my game animal without my gun , loaded , in my hand....And if I have to answer a call of nature or cross a treacherous part of ground...then my gun is unloaded...
Not judging here...just wondering what he was thinking and why it seemed like a good idea...
Andy

Back in the early 1960's I was a kid tagging along on a pheasant hunt with a group of older men. One of the older ones carried a Model 1897 Winchester shotgun, and the others kept razzing him about keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction because they feared it would go off on it's own. Earl defended the gun strenuously, and bitterly complained that they were slandering a fine firearm. We stopped for lunch, and Earl was forced to prop his gun up against a fencepost with the barrel stuck through the wire in such a manner as to keep it upright, with the muzzle pointing nearly straight up. The banter continued through lunch, until about ten minutes in, the 97 went off, with nobody within 20 feet of it! :eek:

There is more to this story than a dog stepping on the gun......

When I read it that's the first thing I thought. Said the victim was 22 yards away. Hmmm? Shot gun laying on ground, dog steps on it, it fires, and hits someone 22 yards away, while it was laying on the ground? My Bull excrement meter started ringing loudly. Is this possible? Yes. Is it far more likely something else happened and these guys are covering it up? To me this is far more likely. Who knows what happened but this sure sounds like the dog ate my homework to me.

"Mean as a junkyard dog..." :D
Andy

Many may not remember the days of the "junk yard dog". I sure do. Before the days of cheap fancy alarm systems and camera's. Many junk yards had a dog or two they would let have the run of the place when closed. They would make sure anyone who wanted parts on the cheap would think twice before climbing over the fence to help themselves. I can even remember when large stores used a company that would leave a dog or 2 in the store after it closed to deal with burglars. They even made one of those early corny made for TV movies about this. Some guy somehow gets locked in the department store and has to fend off the dogs all night till the handler gets there in the morning. Of course with lawyers now this is a long dead thing.

My human.PNG

Many , many years ago ,when I was growing up in Ohio...

A poacher shot a turkey , then threw said turkey in the backseat of his car with his still loaded shotgun...
The turkey wasn't quite dead yet...The turkey started flopping around and ended up shooting the poacher....
Personally I think justice was served in this case...:D
Andy

Many may not remember the days of the "junk yard dog". I sure do. Before the days of cheap fancy alarm systems and camera's. Many junk yards had a dog or two they would let have the run of the place when closed. They would make sure anyone who wanted parts on the cheap would think twice before climbing over the fence to help themselves. I can even remember when large stores used a company that would leave a dog or 2 in the store after it closed to deal with burglars. They even made one of those early corny made for TV movies about this. Some guy somehow gets locked in the department store and has to fend off the dogs all night till the handler gets there in the morning. Of course with lawyers now this is a long dead thing.

View attachment 410465
We had a family friend who owned a cyclone fence company. He kept getting broken into and tools stolen no matter what he did to prevent it. So he got a 100# german shepherd guard dog and left it in the shop overnight. The next morning he came in to find his burglar standing on top of the refrigerator in the lunch area dripping with blood. Nice doggy!

We had a family friend who owned a cyclone fence company. He kept getting broken into and tools stolen no matter what he did to prevent it. So he got a 100# german shepherd guard dog and left it in the shop overnight. The next morning he came in to find his burglar standing on top of the refrigerator in the lunch area dripping with blood. Nice doggy!

When I was a kid a family we knew had a dog like that. Those things that have that curly hair almost like a Poodle, large dogs, square muzzle, can't think of what they are called. He was a great family dog, friendly to everyone. They come home one night and find blood all over the floor in the kitchen. Dog is all excited to see them as always. Searching they find where some poor person had broken and crawled in a window. At some point the dog woke up and they said it must have been one hell of a fight. They took the dog to the Vet to make sure he was OK. Vet said he could find nothing wrong with the dog so it must have been a very one sided fight. They laughed saying the guy who broke in must have literally been fighting for his life to get the hell out of the window he came in. Of course now days the scum would be hiring a lawyer to sue. The thing that bothers me more than the bottom feeders is the morons who end up on jurry's and pay out on these kind of things.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top