JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Leathermans are decent multitools - but they definitely are not made to the standard they were 30-40 years ago. I went thru a couple Rebar tools because they kept breaking the various tools.

I currently run an OHT - but I've snapped the small screw driver bit on it (using it as a screw driver, no less) - since I no longer live 40 minutes from their shop, I haven't bothered to send it in to be replaced or fixed.

80% of the time, I'm just using it for the pliers. The others, I think its a fairly even split between the serrated knife, can opener/bottle opener, and screw driver bits.

When the OHT needs retired, I probably will just transition back to a Gerber or Kershaw tool. They're less expensive and just as durable as current Leatherman stuff.

I have always been really happy with my Leathermans. Currently I have a Surge and a Supertool 300. The Supertool was a warranty for a broken plier on an original Supertool, took the broken one into the store at Cascade Station, told me they didn't have parts and would I be happy with a brand new Supertool 300 instead!

Personally, I wish they made fillers so you could remove the blade and put in more tools, or had a "build your own" option. I don't think I have ever gotten out a multi tool for the knife, they never feel good in the hand, like a Strider or CRK.

Honestly, when I need a blade for something that I KNOW isn't good for it (like scraping metal or prying) I use the blades on my Leatherman tools. They're ok for that I guess. They only sharpen ONE edge on the damn blade.....probably too thin for both sides.....that right there should tell you all you need to know.

I've broke a decent number of leatherman tools over the years the blade steel is terrible quality and doesn't hold an edge well but is also quite easy to sharpen.they have always been great about replacing any tools I've broke or wore out.

Funny enough I found a Pulse I forgot I owned in some stuff I was going through last night. Reminded me of this thread. Now I have 4 lousy "knives" along with 4 OK folding pliers. Huh. I think maybe this one came from some of my dad's stuff. If not, somehow I was duped into buying four of the damn things.

I have always been really happy with my Leathermans. Currently I have a Surge and a Supertool 300. The Supertool was a warranty for a broken plier on an original Supertool, took the broken one into the store at Cascade Station, told me they didn't have parts and would I be happy with a brand new Supertool 300 instead!

Personally, I wish they made fillers so you could remove the blade and put in more tools, or had a "build your own" option. I don't think I have ever gotten out a multi tool for the knife, they never feel good in the hand, like a Strider or CRK.
I keep my ST300 on my gun belt. It's really too heavy for daily carry. I EDC a Spyderco Police or a BM Infidel depending on my mood. You are 100% correct, Leatherman tools don't feel good in the hand unless its for pliers only.......and even then...........

Spesaking of Leatherman.

I have some guests from Hawaii visiting. Anyway, today we went to check out Danner Boots and since the Leatherman Factory is just up the street we decided to check them out too.

Disappointed.

Yeah.....No more factory tours or factory store.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany