JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Can we please implement a policy in the classified section to limit number of ads or at least number of ads on the front page?
Several members consistently have five or more ads all separate, all bumped at the same time, in multiple sections.

Don't get me wrong, I love using the classified sections and don't want to restrict them too much, but it's obnoxious when you bump an ad and a few hour laters it's been pushed all the way down because certain members can't combine ads.

Wouldn't it be possible to say no more than two ads in any section at one time? It would encourage people to combine ads, and remind them to close them when items sell.

Okay off my rant.

For me, I really don't mind it. I like to see what people have for sale and it helps when it's bumped for a possible price reduction. Joe is aware of this and isn't really sure how to resolve it with the current forum software, if I'm not mistaken.

Upvote 0
As long as the posts are not all for similar things I see no problem in having several posts. If they are for very similar items then I agree that they should be combined.

Yeah, looking at the ads that were reported, they are VERY similar for ammo and could be sold in one ad as a lot. Unfortunately it's near impossible for me or another moderator to combine them into one ad.

Upvote 0
So if we have 5 different items say fishing, hinting lawn care machines and clothing plus gun related stuff you want us to combine them? is that what your wanting?
No...

If you're asking me, the answer is no. Again, I personally don't take issue with the ads, nor multiple one's being bumped to the top of the page.

Upvote 0
No, Jim. But if you have ten ammo ads, with similar types of ammo, why can't you combine them down to maybe two? If you are selling seven or eight rifles or pistols, why can't you combine them down to a couple.

I think you are getting fairly absurd with your retort Jim. Please reread the original post and the suggestion I made.

Wouldn't it be possible to say no more than two ads in any section at one time?

Upvote 0
@MountainBear so if I had a few of each pistols, rifles, shotguns, and some reloading supplies for sale I shouldn't be allowed to list them all at once? Per form rules they each have to be listed in the appropriate section and maybe I don't want to sell them together......so putting limits like that on our classifieds would severely hinder our membership and the classified activity.

Just making the example to try and clarify.

Upvote 0
Better example.....

If I had a Glock 19 for sale, a Ruger GP100 and a 9mm AR pistol for sale, along with an AR-15, an AK-47, and a Remy 700 I shouldn't be allowed to make seperate ads? Knowing full well the potential buyers aren't probably looking for all 3?

Either way, I find that individual ads with details and pics work better. And also don't require a title or content edit of one if the three or four sells.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
Look, I have no issue with people having a couple of ads in each section. More often than not, it isn't an issue.

I was trying to do this without calling anyone out by name, but go look at the ammo classified section. I have two ads in that section, one with pistol ammo, one with rifle ammo.
Currently on the front page is a member with at least TEN separate ads, multiple are for the same type of ammo, just in different weights or quantities. That seems rediculous.

Sorry if I butthurt anyone with this. Seems I've struck a nerve...

Upvote 0
What I would like to see is a new Content button next to the "new" so when I want to come see whats up I can look at what folks actually like to say without sorting through 50 classified listings, 48 of which I have seen before.

I understand the classifieds are a big part of the site but personally I would just as soon not see them at all in the "new" section.

Upvote 0
What I would like to see is a new Content button next to the "new" so when I want to come see whats up I can look at what folks actually like to say without sorting through 50 classified listings, 48 of which I have seen before.

I understand the classifieds are a big part of the site but personally I would just as soon not see them at all in the "new" section.

That's probably more do-able. Maybe a new content button and a new classifieds button side by side?

@Joe Link

Upvote 0
Look, I have no issue with people having a couple of ads in each section. More often than not, it isn't an issue.

I was trying to do this without calling anyone out by name, but go look at the ammo classified section. I have two ads in that section, one with pistol ammo, one with rifle ammo.
Currently on the front page is a member with at least TEN separate ads, multiple are for the same type of ammo, just in different weights or quantities. That seems rediculous.

Sorry if I butthurt anyone with this. Seems I've struck a nerve...

Nope, we're all good MB. Point well taken, and I saw the ads.....I agree it's overkill.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads