JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I too am curious about this and the reliability of the gas system as my Fiance handled one at Bi-Mart and loved it. So Bump
Fwiw I think reliabilty is known cuz same system as hk P7 and at least 3 other pistols that use the same design. Hard to get info on if recoil is actually reduced though (imo). Lots of people say slide is easy to rack due to gas system instead of simple blowback. I didn't know bi mart had them. I may go take a look. Thx!

I know nothing of the HK P7. :( The little bit of searching I have done online has yielded mixed results on reliability. But the waters could just be muddied by haters. The slide is way easy to rack, it's easier than the Shield EZ that we looked at then too. The new M2's also take Glock 19/17 sights which is nice for options. Some locations do have them in stock, I recommend going to Coastal though if there's one near by you as they will allow you to handle the gun untethered and to dry fire the trigger. Again I would call ahead for availability. You're welcome!

I know nothing of the HK P7. :( The little bit of searching I have done online has yielded mixed results on reliability. But the waters could just be muddied by haters. The slide is way easy to rack, it's easier than the Shield EZ that we looked at then too. The new M2's also take Glock 19/17 sights which is nice for options. Some locations do have them in stock, I recommend going to Coastal though if there's one near by you as they will allow you to handle the gun untethered and to dry fire the trigger. Again I would call ahead for availability. You're welcome!
Ian has a good video on how they work fyi

View: https://youtu.be/ckYsBSO3-1M?si=Nv2-MolzG74QDs73

An old video from military arms channel on the Walther fwiw. Note that this is the old version of ccp which required a tool for disassembly. The new version is very easy to disassemble and doesn't need a tool.

View: https://youtu.be/7PHh6iDKHa4?si=TYgFtwIqiS_yOQgx

View: https://youtu.be/ckYsBSO3-1M?si=Nv2-MolzG74QDs73

Last Edited:
The only way 'perceived' recoil can be reduced is: 1) to increase the weight of the gun and/or 2) to spread that recoil out over a longer time. We are talking milliseconds here.

The only way 'perceived' recoil can be reduced is: 1) to increase the weight of the gun and/or 2) to spread that recoil out over a longer time. We are talking milliseconds here.
Yep it's gas delayed recoil. Any delay can make a difference. I don't know how much of a difference on this particular gun though. Sure makes a difference with roller delayed like mp5 fwiw.

Compare a bolt .308 and a semi. The semi spreads that recoil out into more of a push. Indeed, some of the recoil is used to operate the action while a bolt gun delivers it all of the shoulder. In something of moderate power like a 9, I think that a ported barrel/slide would help in any event. Not only in the shove, but also to reduce barrel rise.

I don't own one, but I took a pistol class a couple summers ago and a young lady was shooting her CCP (I think it was 9mm). It ran great until it didn't. We stopped for a lunch break and the instructor gave it a quick once over and put a few drops of oil on it. After lunch it did run better for a bit, but then continued to have issues. It got so bad she had like one failure every other round. They were all failure to fire.

I don't own a Shield EZ either, but think it would be a better choice than a CCP. Of course YMMV…..

I don't own one, but I took a pistol class a couple summers ago and a young lady was shooting her CCP (I think it was 9mm). It ran great until it didn't. We stopped for a lunch break and the instructor gave it a quick once over and put a few drops of oil on it. After lunch it did run better for a bit, but then continued to have issues. It got so bad she had like one failure every other round. They were all failure to fire.

I don't own a Shield EZ either, but think it would be a better choice than a CCP. Of course YMMV…..
That is pretty much what I had been reading online, they work till they don't. I figure it might be a product of fowling from the hot gasses with the light spring. Do you happen to recall this young lady's sentiments towards the gun?

I would lean her that way, but she didn't like the EZ. She did like the Glock 43X though and that would be my choice, but this is going to be her first handgun and I want it to be something she wants.

Last Edited:
Women should have less blowback, not pistols.

Dumbass answer aside: I haven't found any delayed blowback guns to have any significant difference. The only similar pistol I had to compare it to was the Walther P99, which was sex in a plastic frame.

Women should have less blowback, not pistols.

Dumbass answer aside: I haven't found any delayed blowback guns to have any significant difference. The only similar pistol I had to compare it to was the Walther P99, which was sex in a plastic frame.
Yeah I had a Walther P99 Airsoft pistol growing up. It had that feel too. :s0114: Shame they discontinued the P99 line.😭

That is pretty much what I had been reading online, they work till they don't. I figure it might be a product of fowling from the hot gasses with the light spring. Do you happen to recall this young lad's sentiments towards the gun?

I would lean her that way, but she didn't like the EZ. She did like the Glock 43X though and that would be my choice, but this is going to be her first handgun and I want it to be something she wants.
She seemed to like it when it ran. She was a fairly new shooter and I don't think she's had enough time behind pistols to really know what to actually look for in a carry gun. Her mom was there shooting too with her G43.
They were at a disadvantage with the low capacity of their mags and missed more than a few reps per drill as they were busy reloading their mags. Mom said if they had known that all the drills were going to be done in sets of 10 rounds, they would have opted for something with more capacity….

I'm nearly certain that this class was their 1st real pistol class and though it was billed as a class for beginners and seasoned shooters needing a tune up (that was me). They would have benefited from a less advanced class…..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews