JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
PS: It became annoying when I would email a long-winded opinion to my brother and he would send back: "Nice blog". Terminology and flavor of the day sayings all bug me. Sigh.

Does anyone email anymore? Seems to be all communication is less than 160 characters now.

I don't do "trendy".

I email all the time - both at work and at home. At work, it's my primary form of communication with customers, vendors and co-workers - often times people can't pick up the phone depending on where they are or what they're doing. Plus, an email is a great way to keep an electronic record of communication - what was said/promised, schedules, orders, contracts, etc.

I used email at work and for my home inspection business it was vital. Now that I'm retired I have friends and family that just don't participate. Several have told be they do all there personal comms on Facebook or text. Can't get my daughter to answer the phone she's so busy, so I go along. It's constricting tho when you really want to connect.

I used email at work and for my home inspection business it was vital. Now that I'm retired I have friends and family that just don't participate. Several have told be they do all there personal comms on Facebook or text. Can't get my daughter to answer the phone she's so busy, so I go along. It's constricting tho when you really want to connect.

Yeah, many family and friends now expect to communicate by text or on FB. For some of them, it's the only way to reach them - it's frustrating because I hate FB.

Yeah, many family and friends now expect to communicate by text or on FB. For some of them, it's the only way to reach them - it's frustrating because I hate FB.

Me too! I dropped out of FB for a long time but now it's the only way I can keep track of family events and what's going on with folks in my circle. Text is convenient but maddening when there's more to say. So much harder to stay connected to loved ones now with all these "improved" options for communication.

Me too! I dropped out of FB for a long time but now it's the only way I can keep track of family events and what's going on with folks in my circle. Text is convenient but maddening when there's more to say. So much harder to stay connected to loved ones now with all these "improved" options for communication.

I don't mind texting, but I hate the damn on-screen keyboard - it slows me way down and I make far more mistakes. I now have a bluetooth keyboard, compact, but full sized keys, that I use if I have to type a long message via text.

I don't mind texting, but I hate the damn on-screen keyboard - it slows me way down and I make far more mistakes. I now have a bluetooth keyboard, compact, but full sized keys, that I use if I have to type a long message via text.

I'm gonna have to look for one of those as I am fumble fingered and slow on text and I hate voice texting with all the correction required.

It's a shame, really. When I started my career in graphic design back in the mid-80's, I would have given my third testicle for an opportunity to self publish for little or no cost. So when blogs became possible it felt like a dream come true.

I still think it's an amazing opportunity for anyone with something to say who is willing to work at it. Few people seem to realize what a miracle the internet is: humanity has never had the ability to communicate instantly to the whole world, and to have a soapbox to spew my stupid opinions is an opportunity not to be missed.

I think most people have succumbed to the aggregator mentality in which all the news / information they want is in one place (Facebook / Twitter, etc.), yet they don't realize what they've given up by going that route: The information they receive is "curated" based on the management's biases as well as by the user's past actions, which means the user gets fed the same stuff everyday as long as it meets with the approval of the management algorithm – if that's all they look at, they'll never really see anything new or challenging.

That's my toilet-rant for today (yes, I'm in the bathroom writing on a forum – doesn't everyone?).

I'm gonna have to look for one of those as I am fumble fingered and slow on text and I hate voice texting with all the correction required.

Here is the one I got for myself - it's compact, light weight, but has a full sized keyboard, so your fingers land where they should naturally. $13.99 on Amazon, and I really like it: Amazon.com: Anker Bluetooth Ultra-Slim Keyboard for iPad Air 2 / Air, iPad mini 3 / mini 2 / mini, iPad 4 / 3 / 2, Galaxy Tabs and Other Mobile Devices (Black): Computers & Accessories

41zqdB4UhJL.jpg

For my wife, I got this one. It folds for more compact storage since she carries it with her - same full sized keys, works just as well, only note is that it's rechargeable while the one I use just uses 2 AAA batteries. I got it on sale at Christmas for only $19.99, currently, it's listed for $34.99. Amazon.com: JETech Aluminum Foldable Keyboard Portable Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Mini Ultra-slim for iPad Mini, iPad Pro, iPhone, and other Tablets and Smartphones: Computers & Accessories

715geg1ZFDL._SL1500_.jpg

I've used both on both iPhones and iPads, and I really like them both - but since folding isn't necessary for me, I'm happy with the Anker model. I'd give them both 5 stars.

Here is the one I got for myself - it's compact, light weight, but has a full sized keyboard, so your fingers land where they should naturally. $13.99 on Amazon, and I really like it: Amazon.com: Anker Bluetooth Ultra-Slim Keyboard for iPad Air 2 / Air, iPad mini 3 / mini 2 / mini, iPad 4 / 3 / 2, Galaxy Tabs and Other Mobile Devices (Black): Computers & Accessories

Thanx etrain! I think I'll order this first one since I rarely text when I am out and about. And my wife just LOVES IT when I use my Amazon acct. Especially when I forget the due date for a payment and get hit with $30 penalty for a $10 item that i bought.:rolleyes:

Word has it that the blog as we've known it is dying. I used to blog 10 years ago, but I got tired of it and shut it down. I did enjoy writing, but it got to feel like I was a prisoner to it because you can't stop. Plus there were trolls...

There are four blogs that I still read because they are well written and in long-form format. I love those long, long well-informed articles about stuff that interests me. Anyone else still read blogs?

What are they & what do they taste like? o_O

Facebook ....
....like the annoying Christmas/New Years "ain't we special" letter for the new millennia, that similar to the Terminator in those movies, "will not stop".
Where Uncle Turdley's 2 year sentence for selling liquor to minors, becomes a new and "exciting entry level position with State law enforcement".

Blogs.... turns out that strangers just aren't that interested in what interests other strangers deeply enough to yammer incessantly about, day after day after day after day, after day, after day. Like a 9 year old's weekly newspaper for the neighbors to buy, neither party is going to keep at it. At least not for long.

Dang, @albin25 all we need to do is set you loose at a journalism convention and you'll have them all jumping out of windows in despair at the uselessness of it all. But could you start with the reality TV folks first, please?
:s0039:

Sometimes I read them. But it depends on what the blog is about.

That being said, those gun review blogs that give glaringly positive reviews? Don't read em anymore.

. Can't get my daughter to answer the phone she's so busy, so I go along. It's constricting tho when you really want to connect.

Sent the daughter a text (of course:rolleyes:) to inquire if the g kids got their magazine subscription we sent them for Christmas. Lo and behold she calls, and yes they received them and the g kids are getting on the phone to thank us. The two older ones get on the speaker phone and we talk for a bit, and then the younger one starts fitting a bit, and she says, well he does not understand that he cannot see you , he just hear's your voice since we just do Facetime all all our calls, and you do not have Apple phones so you don't have Facetime.:eek:

That is right I don't have a $ 700 Apple phone ( thanks to those of you do though, it is the one of the best performing stocks in our retirement account, keep buying please) and I won't have a $ 700 Apple phone because I cannot afford it and even if I could, probably still would not buy one.

Where personal communications is going in the next few years is anybodies guess...although I am working on a way to make money with instructional videos. I really just want to go fishing, exploring, take pictures, flying the drone, shooting, because the older I get the less I want to work.

I dont read much blogs anymore...ever since a great many of them went to hawking wares for money and little substance..... I do run a blog that I rarely update...because nearly no one reads it anyhow. Well. There are two, but one is NSFW on the Tumblr webiverse and dedicated to the art of the female form with pretty lines :rolleyes: THe main blog though is just my sewing and sometimes hiking/camping adventures but haven't updated it in a while due to life being in the way of documenting adventures and such. Kinda difficult to justify blogging my tactical sewing ideas when there's pretty much 0 audience outside the spambots.... whereas on my NSFW blog, I get a few actual human followers, but the ratio is basically 100 spambots for 1 human follower, and I have no idea what Tumblr is going to do about the spambot accounts........

Related topic......does anyone here HATE the "articles" on social media being massive clickbait douchebags where they dedicate a WHOLE page full of ads and clicks per SENTENCE and single swiped pictures? :mad:

Related topic......does anyone here HATE the "articles" on social media being massive clickbait douchebags where they dedicate a WHOLE page full of ads and clicks per SENTENCE and single swiped pictures? :mad:
They heat my phone up faster than a final fantasy game, so I not only hate them but dread their existsnce.

That is right I don't have a $ 700 Apple phone ( thanks to those of you do though, it is the one of the best performing stocks in our retirement account, keep buying please) and I won't have a $ 700 Apple phone because I cannot afford it and even if I could, probably still would not buy one.

So many friends and family do that I wonder what is wrong with me. Wait, nothing!! I'm just cheap. Cannot justify the money for IPhone, IPad, ITV, IGun, etc. If I had $700 extra laying around I'd be buying another coupla uppers for my AR.

I do love the fact that the millennials, and even older people have to have these $ 700 phones and replace them yearly since Apple has figured out they will do that, and they will pay the price regardless. Creating a product that people will willingly replace every year to the tune of $ 700 or more is brilliant. A $ 60 per month cost for an electronic device is an amazing marketing feat, and training the sheep to buy it the best marketing thing ever. The yield on Apple stock is great right now and will only get better.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top