Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Do you support stricter online ammunition sales?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by warnerwh, Aug 1, 2012.

1. warnerwh

warnerwh Portland, OR Member

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

not ahead now

3. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

It won't happen.

4. Bruin

Bruin oregon Member

No.

5. SCannon

SCannon Battle Ground, WA Active Member

No,

6. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

No.

Suggestion, include a Poll with your posting if you want to get people to vote. :)

Peter

7. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

Now that I'm on my computer I can type more.

Having lived in MA, and now moving out, I don't support anything that uses the following terms:
    - Stricter/Strict
    - Common Sense
    - Safer

It's an infringement, and it has ZERO impact on anything other than making legal folks's lives harder. Here in MA you can't buy ammo online, so you have a friend in NH order it, get it shipped to their place, and then you drive 45 minutes to pick it up, buy a ton of liquor, and head back home to Taxachusetts.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Tony617

Tony617 Washington State Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I do not support banning online sales of ammo. The gun shops I go to charge a lot more than what I can get online. Even with shipping costs it is cheaper to order ammo online.

9. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Beaverton, OR Chief Cook/Bottle Washer

As of this writing the No's have it at about 7700 votes with the Yea's having around 5300.

10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Online ammunition sales houses don't have to support a store front and can warehouse more of what I want, thus driving the prices down.

Voted.....NO!

11. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

We all know ammo control is the new gun control. Kali. has banned lead in ammo. Washington made noise about banning Full Metal Jacket ammo a few years back. What scares me is that banning people from owning more than say 100 rounds of any one type of ammo sounds resonable to most sheeple. These same people stock up on stuff from CostCo. But somehow when it comes to ammo these rules on saving money and having a good suply for the future don't apply. I truly fear it would not be very hard to pass a retroactive ban on ammo. Unlike Guns I don't think the average person understands how much money some have tied up in stored ammo. They just don't know how hard or expensive ammo can be to get hold of at times. And if they were told some would still be fine with taking our ammo away. After all some don't think we need more than a box or so to hunt deer. So 100 rounds is more than enough! Right? And we all understand any law retroactivly limiting ammo would make a lot of good people criminals overnight.
    Limiting ammo sales online is banning bulk ammo sales. Banning bulk ammo sales is banning bulk ammo ownership. Don't kid yourself.

svxr8dr, Pepiot, RB87 and 7 others like this.
  12. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

Fully agree with the above post. I have a little more than some of the proposed limits on ammo ownership, but only because I can't afford to invest in silver or gold. Instead, my portfolio of precious metal investments is solely in copper jacketed lead. When the SHTF, .22lr will be one of the best currencies available.

13. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

What Costco sells ammo? I just ordered 2,000 rds over the Internet but Costco would be more convenient and their prices should be good..

Oh wait, Costco bans weapons in their stores, so probably won't happen.

14. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

The "NO's" are less than 3,000 votes ahead right now. If it's still up tonight I'll vote from the computer at work too.

Yes 5802

No 8544

as of 12:07 pm

15. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

nein....NEIN NEIN NEIN!

MP Sgt and (deleted member) like this.
  16. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

NO

17. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

NO!

18. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

That's what we need "more rules/laws" that'll stop all this useless slaughter in "gun free zones"............I get it, the idiots that make up these laws can't own firearms, they can't pass the "mental illness requirements," ie, Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results!!

No comment on the Sheeple that actually vote these jerks into office again and again
    .....:wow:

19. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

No but I support stricter Constitution Comprehension Tests for elected officials.

20. ob1

ob1 49th parallel Well-Known Member

Since they aren't elected, you should add the supreme court to that list.

Gun Control Act of 1968
    Bush 1 "Assault Weapons" ban
    Brady Bill