JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Guys,
Don't be afraid to refinish your stock yourself. I had a tired and basic black paintjob on my target rifle and wanted to try a little camo. What the hell, it's paint. If it looks bad just redo it. I was happy and I learned a few things. Did some research and Krylon or similar types of paint are the ones to use. I used real plants for stencils (which is hard to see on this shot) but it's good enough to fool gophers and terrorists. And yes, I plan to change into a less shiny scope.

300wm2(2).jpg

Specs: Ruger action, reworked and Timney trigger, Douglas Barrel, 300Win Mag. Leupold 20x scope. free float glass bedded and many days working out loads. I use 65 grains of R22 on Sierra 190g HPBT match bullets. I also have great success with 168g as well.
With my reloads, I can get 3 shots into one ragged hole off a solid bench on a good day. I shot this at Hipower matches at 300/600 yds and did pretty good off of a bipod. getting a new elevated weaver rail and mounting a Vortex this month to try 1000y.

Covert, Nice gun. My "go to" rifle is a Ruger 77 MKII 30-06. This looks like a tang safety version M77. Am I correct?
I, too, use RL22 a lot. Seems to be the one for the best velocity and always shoots decent groups.

yes
Covert, Nice gun. My "go to" rifle is a Ruger 77 MKII 30-06. This looks like a tang safety version M77. Am I correct?
I, too, use RL22 a lot. Seems to be the one for the best velocity and always shoots decent groups.
Yes, this is the older Ruger 77 tang safety.. I used to use h4831sc and had just as good accuracy, but it can be hard to find. I have 4 Rugers, 300, 7mm, 22-25- a 220 swift and a No, 1. Good guns.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top