JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, we've got a couple gunsmithing jobs that either need doing or might need:

I. My wife bought a little carbine for herself recently. She would like to have the wood stocken shortened a tad. Can anyone recommend a gunsmith in, roughly, the southern Oregon area that we could have measurements taken and the work done? If we had to make a run to Eugene or Methford, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but closer would be better. (We're also out on the coast around Florence, Reedsport, etc. fairly often, so that is another option.)

II. I'm looking around for a 10-gauge shotgun. If I had to have the barrels shortened (slightly) and screw in chokes installed, anyone recommend someone to do the work? This one I wouldn't have to be there, so could send barrel(s) away. (Not positive I will have to, but kicking around options.)

Thanks much. :)

Last Edited:
I don't know about the barrels but Bob Swearingen in Cottage Grove has measured up and shortened a couple of stocks for my wife. He most likely would be a good contact about the barrels as well. His # is (541)942-8880 hours are Thurs, Fri & Sat from 9 to 5.

Anyone done business with Highland Gunsmithing in Canyonville? Just curious as the two previously mentioned jobs are a go; just need to find the right 'smith. Thanks.

They did a super job for my inherited fancy Franchi which started out as a 12 ga full choke waterfowler. I had the chokes done so as to make a more upland gun/skeet gun. Finding a place to hunt waterfowl is not worth the effort anymore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews