JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. of course my skeptical brain is telling me that if I had need of a stove, and I had immediate access to a bottle of rubbing alcohol, I probably could walk into the kitchen... On the flip side, if I was wanting to heat something I didn't want to put on the stove in the house this might be the ticket.

I was thinking of accidents as he was using the knife. If you were in a SHTF situation, you, and everyone in your party, would need to be very careful about injuries and infections as medical help is probably not available.

You also have the issue of knocking the thing over and spreading flaming fuel everywhere. My opinion, the tuna can with paraffin and cardboard sounds like a much safer alternative, as it uses solid fuel, is self contained, and doesn't require cutting tools.

I like that one! I carry a Whitebox stove and bottles of HEET. I have made quite a few little stoves using the two can method. That one is pretty simple and has the ability to recover the unused fuel. I like it.

Wood gas camp stoves are very easy to make from various size tin cans, and require no fuel. They run off small sticks of wood and boil water efficiently. Enter wood gas stove on a search.

Wood gas camp stoves are very easy to make from various size tin cans, and require no fuel. They run off small sticks of wood and boil water efficiently. Enter wood gas stove on a search.
arent they also known as "rocket stoves"? I find that simply hanging a piece of metal mess can with wire handle over an open fire to be a simple way of boiling water or making stew...'corse, the whole burning your hand on the hot handle might make the night not good... I've also put a piece of grating on top of an open fire, and put my canteen cup over the fire...with handles out; and if I needed to cool the handle; I just pour water from the melted ice in the cooler onto it.

Sticks and twigs may not be an option in snow covered desert. Bringing your own fuel is the only answer. A couple bottles of HEET, or rubbing alcohol is pretty easy to carry.
Base your kit on the terrain you frequent. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top