JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used the blade of a utility knife to hold the spring & detent pin in place while pushing an allen wrench through the lugs. Then displaced the allen wrench with the pivot pin.

And not only was I good, once, at finding the sproinged pin and spring, I also discovered why they sell "oops kits". :D

Maybe it's because when I was 13 years old I had a basic understanding of Newtonian theory or maybe it was because I was not a Blooming idiot...this was never an issue

Get a clevis pin from Home Depot about the right diameter, they have several holes that are perfect....a little sanding down to ensure a good fit and voila. You don't need to "build" one. I'll go out to the garage in the AM and take a photo of mine. You get like 4 in a pack for maybe $2.00. Don't make it harder than it is. I did this on my first build, worked first time, damn near like magic after reading all the horror stories and I have big hands, though very steady, they don't alway like little bitty parts fitment.

Brutus Out

I've built lots of AR lowers. I never needed a tool for the front pivot pin. I just used the take down pin to push the spring and detent pin down till I could slide the pivot pin inwards. Takes all of 3-5 seconds.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2F00%2Fs%2FMTIwMFgxNjAw%2Fz%2FYmYAAOSwPcVVt0aU%2F%24_35.JPG

I use a 1/4"? clevis pin I had laying around and I made the push pin part by straightening a paper clip and inserting it in the end of a wood dowel. cost me all of $0 and has worked on many ar builds and mods for years.
DSCN3020.JPG

I just use a box knife to hold it down, there is enough slack under the pin for the knife and then after the pin is in I pull the knife out, put 7 ar's together that way, works every time. no need for custom tools.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top