JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used the blade of a utility knife to hold the spring & detent pin in place while pushing an allen wrench through the lugs. Then displaced the allen wrench with the pivot pin.

And not only was I good, once, at finding the sproinged pin and spring, I also discovered why they sell "oops kits". :D

Maybe it's because when I was 13 years old I had a basic understanding of Newtonian theory or maybe it was because I was not a Blooming idiot...this was never an issue

Get a clevis pin from Home Depot about the right diameter, they have several holes that are perfect....a little sanding down to ensure a good fit and voila. You don't need to "build" one. I'll go out to the garage in the AM and take a photo of mine. You get like 4 in a pack for maybe $2.00. Don't make it harder than it is. I did this on my first build, worked first time, damn near like magic after reading all the horror stories and I have big hands, though very steady, they don't alway like little bitty parts fitment.

Brutus Out

I've built lots of AR lowers. I never needed a tool for the front pivot pin. I just used the take down pin to push the spring and detent pin down till I could slide the pivot pin inwards. Takes all of 3-5 seconds.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2F00%2Fs%2FMTIwMFgxNjAw%2Fz%2FYmYAAOSwPcVVt0aU%2F%24_35.JPG

I use a 1/4"? clevis pin I had laying around and I made the push pin part by straightening a paper clip and inserting it in the end of a wood dowel. cost me all of $0 and has worked on many ar builds and mods for years.
DSCN3020.JPG

I just use a box knife to hold it down, there is enough slack under the pin for the knife and then after the pin is in I pull the knife out, put 7 ar's together that way, works every time. no need for custom tools.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top