JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't you have one of them Mossberg or Remington pump-action "firearms" with the bird head grip a while back?

I have two Mossberg Shockwaves - both 12 ga. One near my bed with a "pistol brace". Another with a Knoxx Breachers grip (spring to absorb recoil) in the daily driver. I want to put folding braces on both, but the key there is to make sure it is 26" or more with the brace folded. I also want to put a vertical grip on the forend, maybe a Streamlight forend with an integrated light.

At one time I also had a Mossberg bullpup, but the Shockwaves replaced that. The bullpup was bulky and heavy - ok if you stuck around the house, but the Shockwaves are shorter or just as short (with the brace), lighter and handier. If I want to check for trespassers in the back acreage then they are much easier to grab and throw in the truck, much less conspicuous until such time as I need to make them conspicuous, and look like a SBS to those not aware of what they are legally.

I thought about getting one of the high capacity bullpups, but they were all mostly bulky and heavy too.

But now there is that Black Aces semi-auto bullpup with a box mag that is compact, fast, reliable and looks intriguing.

By "only having a 20 ga." I did not mean that was the only shotgun I have, it isn't - I meant I have it only because that was the way the combo came. I have an M6 Scout too - in .410/.22 RF - that is the only .410 I have. SIL has one of those silly .410/.45 Judges.

I have two Mossberg Shockwaves - both 12 ga. One near my bed with a "pistol brace". Another with a Knoxx Breachers grip (spring to absorb recoil) in the daily driver. I want to put folding braces on both, but the key there is to make sure it is 26" or more with the brace folded. I also want to put a vertical grip on the forend, maybe a Streamlight forend with an integrated light.

At one time I also had a Mossberg bullpup, but the Shockwaves replaced that. The bullpup was bulky and heavy - ok if you stuck around the house, but the Shockwaves are shorter or just as short (with the brace), lighter and handier. If I want to check for trespassers in the back acreage then they are much easier to grab and throw in the truck, much less conspicuous until such time as I need to make them conspicuous, and look like a SBS to those not aware of what they are legally.

I thought about getting one of the high capacity bullpups, but they were all mostly bulky and heavy too.

But now there is that Black Aces semi-auto bullpup with a box mag that is compact, fast, reliable and looks intriguing.

By "only having a 20 ga." I did not mean that was the only shotgun I have, it isn't - I meant I have it only because that was the way the combo came. I have an M6 Scout too - in .410/.22 RF - that is the only .410 I have. SIL has one of those silly .410/.45 Judges.

LOL... I just worked out what you originally meant... DERP, math is hard. :s0140:

Eight pistol calibers, thirteen rifle, one shotgun, stacked, at a minimum, 1K deep in ammo or components for each.
With every gun build or purchase, there is the obligatory purchase of ammo, reloading dies, brass & bullets.
Though this year has sucked as far as time to get out and shoot or reload, I make sure to shoot each one of them once per year.

I think Diversification is a good thing

A quick mental inventory of calibers I "need" to keep on hand:

• 17 HMR
  • 22 LR
  • 22 WMR
  • 5.56 (my bolt gun is even 5.56 oddly enough)
  • 260 rem
  • 6.5 CM
  • 300BLK
  • 7.62x39
  • 450 Bushmaster
  • 7.62x25 Tok
  • 9mm
  • 38spl
  • 357 mag
  • 357 Sig
  • 40 S&W
  • 10mm
  • 45 LC
  • 454 Casull
  • 45 ACP
  • 460 Rowland
  • 300 Win Mag
  • 50 BMG
  • all the stuff I can't remember

Guess I don't celebrate diversity. For the most part I only have the common current calibers. 17hmr, 9mm, 5.7x28, 5.56, 7.62x39, 7.62x51, 300blk, 12ga. The only oddball I own is .30-03 and that's only cause I got my grandfathers gun when he passed. I've only found 1 place that carries that ammo and they are usually out.

All my Sigs operate the same DA/SA decocker same with the Cz's . I added a .40 to the bunch for a while nobody was interested in the poor 40 so the pistol was cheap and the ammo was a plenty . I also have a 338 win mag and the past 2-3 panics there was little to no competition for the ammo . I also did not have a need for a 6.5c or 25-06 but purchased a pair in a deal and from trips to a few Wally worlds was able to procure 500+ rounds for each at $19 a box .

A quick mental inventory of calibers I "need" to keep on hand:

• 17 HMR
  • 22 LR
  • 22 WMR
  • 5.56 (my bolt gun is even 5.56 oddly enough)
  • 260 rem
  • 6.5 CM
  • 300BLK
  • 7.62x39
  • 450 Bushmaster
  • 7.62x25 Tok
  • 9mm
  • 38spl
  • 357 mag
  • 357 Sig
  • 40 S&W
  • 10mm
  • 45 LC
  • 454 Casull
  • 45 ACP
  • 460 Rowland
  • 300 Win Mag
  • 50 BMG
  • all the stuff I can't remember
Interesting how stuff works out from your list the only cross over with my list is:
22LR
223/5.56 (My son runs this in a bolt gun)
.380 (also my sons)
9mm
.38spl.
.45ACP

To each their own.

DA/SA with a de-cocker works for me just fine - just like a DA/SA revolver, only better (safer de-cocking than older revolvers that don't have a transfer bar and easier) and the trigger can be made better yet while still being safe. Never heard anybody say a revolver was complex to operate.

Now if you are talking mechanical complexity, then yes, DA/SA with a de-cocker is mechanically more complex - even without the de-cocker. But I still strongly prefer my SIG classics to striker fired guns.

IMO/IME striker fired triggers suck - at least every one I have tried. YMMV.
I confess I like the p320. I too have the signess. p 220, 225, 230, 238, 938, 320, and 365. My 365 is not as good a trigger as the others. But for a low recoil gun that I can reasonably point shoot that fits in a pocket, I like it.

Guess I don't celebrate diversity. For the most part I only have the common current calibers. 17hmr, 9mm, 5.7x28, 5.56, 7.62x39, 7.62x51, 300blk, 12ga. The only oddball I own is .30-03 and that's only cause I got my grandfathers gun when he passed. I've only found 1 place that carries that ammo and they are usually out.

If 5.7x28 and .300blk are "common" (I'd maybe grant "current"), guess its a safe bet I am neither.:cool:

If 5.7x28 and .300blk are "common" (I'd maybe grant "current"), guess its a safe bet I am neither.:cool:
5.7 in particular ... common?

I have quite a few calibers where it's "that one rifle" or "that one pistol", for instance 7.62x25 doesn't show up a lot in my pistol inventory. The vast majority of the firearms are 22lr, 9mm, 357 mag, 45 ACP, 5.56, 300BLK, 308, 12ga I reckon.

Literally a few dozen firearms I've yet to fire. I guess I just like wasting oil and patches.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top