JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The first thing I said to my wife while we were watching it was "why does nobody have any firearms? If it were to have any sense of realism, somebody would have a firearm. I know I would." She asked me where I would get them in that kind of scenario. I told her, out of the safe of course. I guess she thought those guns were just for range use? Really, if things started going down, I know that most of us would probably grab every thing they could for guns and ammo on the way out the door. I mean, I understand why they couldn't do it on the show, but without that aspect, it is definitely missing something. That being said, I thought it was very interesting to see the dynamics already emerging from the "colonists." It looks like next week the Lord of the Flies stuff starts to come out......:s0155:

I think they said that in an upcoming episode that people with guns are introduced into the mix. Not sure if that means people they encounter, or new members of the colony itself. Definately going to be interesting..

I saw it last night, I thought it was pretty interesting too. I like how its a post disaster survival. Much more realistic survival, then the show Survivor where they play games and get voted off. I too was thinking where are the guns...It will be inetesting to see where this how goes.

was there not enuff sarcasm? the handyman is actually one my favorite guys

as far as fake...i just hate it when they are supposed to be in post apocolyptic somewhere, but there just happens to be 40 brand new battery terminal connectors laying in a box, so they can connect 20 batteries in a series and have power.

was there not enuff sarcasm? the handyman is actually one my favorite guys

as far as fake...i just hate it when they are supposed to be in post apocolyptic somewhere, but there just happens to be 40 brand new battery terminal connectors laying in a box, so they can connect 20 batteries in a series and have power.

Yeah I got a good laugh out of that too. "Hey look....here's a power convertor!"

As comment's above, my first thought was 'where are the firearms'. I would loot the gun store before the grocery store.

First off, I must admit I am no fan of "reality" tv. But the trailers for this one looked interesting.

Turned it off after 5 minutes.

Spray-n-Pray hit the nail on the head. No guns? That's not reality!

Yeah it just seemed much too scripted for me, and then with the second set of colonists...yawn. Sorry I was just not impressed. They tried to make you think that the handyman was gonna start swinging, but we all know that there is no way that they are going to allow that. So the reality of the whole situation is complete BS as there would normally be violence.

It's obvious there is a lot of behind the scenes scripting and the people are simply actors that are instructed how to behave. Still...there might be some educational value for those viewers that have never even envisioned being in a survival situation. I think I'll tune in next week just to see how they try to keep the show interesting. It's probably going to be more about personality conflicts than survival tecniques. Ho-Hum.

I think some of you might be missing the point of the show a tad. Obviously they can't make it 100 percent real. Obviously they can't have people running around with loaded firearms, obviously they have to treat it as a "TV" show to a certain extent, because that's what it is.

You guys are complaining because its not "real"? Because it seems contrived? I think it is as good (so far) as it can be, and a good insite into that type of scenerio. So far, its a heck of a lot better than most reality shows out right now, with a plot I can get into. Don't read too much into it guys, it is just a TV show!

they could give em paintball guns... :)

I watched it and thought it was unrealistic but it did make one think about survival situations.

In that Mad Max type of scenario violence will always prevail. Those who are not willing to use it to survive will fertilize the soil for those who do...

It appears to me that they might have screened the people of the show for more of peace loving people who have no ideal on how to set up a defence system. I guess that I will have to see how the show goes from here. Because if it where me and after the bikers drove through the place, I would have installed cables about 4 feet off of the ground to fix that from happening again. That might be why I was not selected to be on the show. PLus what a place to survive in it appears that a lot of the things that would be nice are placed there.

they could give em paintball guns... :)

I watched it and thought it was unrealistic but it did make one think about survival situations.

In that Mad Max type of scenario violence will always prevail. Those who are not willing to use it to survive will fertilize the soil for those who do...
YUP! That was just what I was thinking. They should have let at least one prep'er with a BOB on the show, would be interesting to just how well the gear they packed would hold up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top