JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am skeptical of any "reality" TV shows. All TV shows are based on entertainment. If a show isn't entertaining, no one will tune in. Reality shows are entertainment and as such are preprogramed by the producers. As an alumni of "COPS" I can tell you that you don't see everything that happens.

Discovery Channel promoting the use of guns? C'mon, these are the feel good Libs who own the Discovery Network why would they do such a thing. My prediction is at the end of the series (if there is an end) it will show that singing Kum-by-ya (Or however it is spelt) and holding hands around a camp fire will provide all of lifes little needs.

I saw one trailer for an episode where some guy was gunnin' on a .50 while being driven around and the next scene showed another guy with an AK being yelled at (I am assuming) by one of the main characters a "NO GUNS!" WTF?? If this was a post SHTF and some guy is being yelled at by another guy without a gun... that wouldn't last long.

SF-

Think of how violent and gruesome the show would be if it was real. You really have to watch the show with a lot of skepticism. I like it for what it is even though it is fake.

Its a REALITY SHOW guys! Lets keep both feet on the ground here and remember that its not suppose to be, nor does it claim to be REAL. It is a group of people who signed up to be placed into a post apocalyptic scenerio and use the skills they have to survive. Obviously, they arent going to give everyone/anyone a loaded weapon. Obviously they will have experts nearby to assist with any life threatening situations that may arise, so that that no one is actually hurt. Like I said before, its a REALITY SHOW! The fact is, there is actually quite a bit of useful information to be gleaned from a show like this, I have learned a few things that I never knew.

IMO, Im glad that they are begining to make shows like this, to get people thinking about what they would do in similar situations. Would you rather see re-runs of 90210 in that time slot? Or maybe a new Law and Order series?

I agree with BlvdKing, like it for what it is, not because it's real or fake.

One thing I have learned from the show is I really need to work on my "BOW". I have started construction on my 100,000 sq ft bail out warehouse completely outfitted and prepared for a SHTF scenario.:D

Although the similarities to Mad Max are piling up! The tall, grey haired older guy who got their electricity up and going is like Master Blaster. All he needs is a midget sitting on his shoulders while hes screaming at the rest for using too much electricity!!

Just a thought here......Has anyone lese noticed an uptic of shows on TV that relate to "surviving an apocalypse"? It seems like there are more and more of those type of shows going on lately. It is likely that they are just following trends as usual, and they see that as being a popular topic. But could it have something to do with something else? Any thoughts on that?

Just a thought here......Has anyone lese noticed an uptic of shows on TV that relate to "surviving an apocalypse"? It seems like there are more and more of those type of shows going on lately. It is likely that they are just following trends as usual, and they see that as being a popular topic. But could it have something to do with something else? Any thoughts on that?

I believe its just a popular topic lately and they are capitalizing on everybody's paranoia

Discovery Channel promoting the use of guns? C'mon, these are the feel good Libs who own the Discovery Network why would they do such a thing. My prediction is at the end of the series (if there is an end) it will show that singing Kum-by-ya (Or however it is spelt) and holding hands around a camp fire will provide all of lifes little needs.

I saw one trailer for an episode where some guy was gunnin' on a .50 while being driven around and the next scene showed another guy with an AK being yelled at (I am assuming) by one of the main characters a "NO GUNS!" WTF?? If this was a post SHTF and some guy is being yelled at by another guy without a gun... that wouldn't last long.

SF-

I've only had time to watch parts of the pilot, but my understanding is that this takes place in Los Angeles, CA, therefore probably won't be any guns available, right? :)

I personally like the show, no matter how safely staged it is, there still is an element of survivability involved. I was getting tired of watching survivor man reruns anyway.

LOL... the guns that ARE in the LA area have the sights mounted on the side of the slides... you know, from holding them "gansta-style"!?

sideways_gun_sight.jpg

Anyone catch tonights episode of The Colony? I thought it was pretty interesting, with the newcomers trying to test the colony. One thing I took away from this episode........I realized the guy that does the voice overs for the show must be rich as h*ll! His voice has been on more shows over the years, including Monster Garage. Im in the wrong line of work!

The solar panels they set up in this episode were pretty cool, very good use of the resources at hand.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top