JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hah, I bought my first 10/22 new from somewhere in the Portland area in 1980 for the whopping sum of $80.. walnut stock and all. Still shoots dead on, despite some surface rust here and there and a lot of neglect. It's done in its fair share of coyotes, ravaging dogs and cats, ducks, geese........ a few old TeeVee sets and a whole platoon of empty bottles and cans. A whole lot of fun for eighty bux.......

Wow, very interesting since you can pick that gun up bran new for $150ish any time of the year around me bran new.

Wow, you can find a 1967 Walnut 10/22 for $150 any time of the year, including a metal barrel band, butt stock and trigger guard?

Because we all know that these parts have been made of plastic now, right?

Does that $150 included the WA state sales tax too? (sorry, I had to throw that in too)

Wow, you can find a 1967 Walnut 10/22 for $150 any time of the year, including a metal barrel band, butt stock and trigger guard?

Because we all know that these parts have been made of plastic now, right?

Does that $150 included the WA state sales tax too? (sorry, I had to throw that in too)

I didn't know that it was a collectible as I am new to rifles and learning my way slowly.

I guess it depends on what you want the gun for. As we all know its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I just picked up a complete 69 a few weeks back for $150 for a project gun. I might reconsider tearing it apart for the receiver and hold on to it now that this news has been brought to my eyes.

I also bought a new one a few weeks back for $150 that someone bought, didn't shoot, and decided to sell.

So its fun to poke fun at people but really isn't necessary. :s0114:

I'm not sure what the O.P. was trying to point out, but there are LOTS of used guns that are valued at more than they were new, (that aren't even necessarily collectors) simply because a new one is $X and a used one is $X plus or minus a few bucks and is BETTER than new, maybe because of upgrades, accessories or just the factory found a cheaper way to build the new gun.

How about a 1949 Chevy? Kidding I am keeping this gem.

I have one ready to be fixed up. Right now all original but just bought a 350 engine for it and hunting for the rest of the parts to modernize it.

Hopefully it will look like this one but red when finshed. :s0155:

0510cl_69chev_01_z.jpg

How about a 1949 Chevy? Kidding I am keeping this gem.

I have one ready to be fixed up. Right now all original but just bought a 350 engine for it and hunting for the rest of the parts to modernize it.

Hopefully it will look like this one but red when finshed. :s0155:

0510cl_69chev_01_z.jpg

Very nice pickup. What colar is that? It like it. I love that body style. You did a great job of restoring it.
I sold my toy for a down payment on my house. Looking for a new project. I would realy like a 41 willies pickup but I dont think that will happen.

I'm not sure what the O.P. was trying to point out, but there are LOTS of used guns that are valued at more than they were new, (that aren't even necessarily collectors) simply because a new one is $X and a used one is $X plus or minus a few bucks and is BETTER than new, maybe because of upgrades, accessories or just the factory found a cheaper way to build the new gun.

I think the point the OP was making, was, somebody got a really good deal, for a walnut-stocked, metal butt-plated 10/22. Small talk, I guess. I thought it was a real bargain, too.

A feller can buy these, every day for $150? Really?

Well, here's a couple more 10/22's. Tell you what...If you had three times that $150 figure, you couldn't buy the bottom one.:)
GEDC0007.jpg

My only point being, when you don't know what you're looking at, not everything is as it seems.

WAYNO.

Since I am the "O.P.", I was trying to point out that someone got a heck of a deal on that 10/22, reguardless of what the orignal price was back in 1967.

Why is this 1967 gun and the 1970 Hemi worth more than the new ones? Value is determined by market demand. Since 1) people in thier 40s and 50s are in the demographic that comprise the population of highest wage earners, 2) the market for items that they had, wanted, saw or owned by their dads while they were younger - these items are worth a lot because they want the items back and have the money to drive the market up.

So, it was great deal on that gun, but if you want a new plastic one, then it would not be that great of a deal to you.

Since I am the "O.P.", I was trying to point out that someone got a heck of a deal on that 10/22, reguardless of what the orignal price was back in 1967.

Thanks for the explanation. It seems some folks thought you were saying the buyer was paying too much. Others thought you were saying the buyer got a good deal. I wasn't sure since you don't normally see posts from a third party pointing out somebody got a good deal or a bad deal.:huh:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top