JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does DHS know something we don’t?

Northwest gun rights activists are wondering whether the Department of Homeland Security is quietly preparing for a civil war, following this week’s revelation about a plan to purchase 750 million rounds of ammunition.

<broken link removed>

Yes. They do.

Well, what ever happened to transparency? Full disclosure?

DHS ammo buys now redacted as N'west activists react

The Department of Homeland Security is now redacting information about a large scale ammunition shopping list, according to Press TV, and that will raise even more eyebrows among Northwest gun rights activists now discussing the purchase on several forums.

<broken link removed>

On the positive side, this is one more way the Obama administration will keep the firearms and ammunition industry busy and its people gainfully employed.
...and maybe also creating another temporary ammo scarcity and price jacking on an election year. And I'll stop there.

By my calculation, this is 750m/240k = 3125rds/person at DHS which is a respectable amount, however this is usually spread over several years of aquisition, so divide that figure by 5 and that's a pretty reasonable amount of ammo per year.

I think the NRA-ILA article was pretty spot-on with this... the clowns over at info-wars really like to talk this stuff up.

If you want a conspiracy theory, DHS is probably locking in the purchase timetable/price on this one to avoid being impacted by election year hoarding like they did in '08.

By my calculation, this is 750m/240k = 3125rds/person at DHS which is a respectable amount, however this is usually spread over several years of aquisition, so divide that figure by 5 and that's a pretty reasonable amount of ammo per year.

I think the NRA-ILA article was pretty spot-on with this... the clowns over at info-wars really like to talk this stuff up.

If you want a conspiracy theory, DHS is probably locking in the purchase timetable/price on this one to avoid being impacted by election year hoarding like they did in '08.

And does the number you have calculated include secretaries, the mail room clerks, fat lady in the cafeteria and the janitorial brigade?

Looks like a smart bulk purchase while prices are reasonable, DHS has the funding, and before budget cuts kick in. They can stock pile this and use it for years. Same way I do when prices are low and I've got the cash. The idea that this is instead preparation for civil insurrection as a motive... well.... I'll leave that to others.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top