JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now for the next question since I have my bench and desk already built, what type of lighting should I incorporate into a reloading/gun room?
I hear LED (the latest and greatest and most expensive, a lot).
I have some fairly new 8-foot, 2 bulb fluorescent lights, will that be over powering, maybe too bright with white walls and bench?
Go with LED. You'll be glad you did.
Additionally, fluorescent lights will mess with digital scales, if you're into those things.

Also, if you have a cabinet to lock up powder and primers, make sure it is a wooden cabinet and not metal!

There's a reason why this is part of the storage code for explosives.

late to this. LED is awesome and get the most lumens you can stand as it makes things like inspecting cases better, reading calipers, etc so much better and they don't get hot.
I always worried about static electricity and primers on a carpet surface.

I would say without a doubt carpet. I have commercial grade on my concrete floor and in winter I love it.
Plus summer its OK to be barefootin it. I don't like any shiny surfaces, so I wouldn't have wood or vinyl.
I painted the concrete with moisture sealer then added the carpet.

Lighting, Florescent is about the cheapest, but LED is the nicest.
Also add some swing arm lamps. I use Microphone booms as the are much more heavy duty, and
more adjustable.
Gotta have tunes somewhere, :D

I would say without a doubt carpet. I have commercial grade on my concrete floor and in winter I love it.
Plus summer its OK to be barefootin it. I don't like any shiny surfaces, so I wouldn't have wood or vinyl.
I may use some leftover carpet or just get a strip of tight weave comercial carpet on top of the engineered flooring mentioned in the OP.
Also add some swing arm lamps. I use Microphone booms as the are much more heavy duty, and
more adjustable.
LED fixtures have been secured.;)
I am looking into track lighting over my bench/assembly areas, which ARE on the same wall.

Got that covered, thanks...:D;)

Also, if you have a cabinet to lock up powder and primers, make sure it is a wooden cabinet and not metal!

There's a reason why this is part of the storage code for explosives.

Oh, how did I not see this post...:eek:
I put all my powder & primers in USGI metal cans with rubber gaskets, not worried.
Is there something mentioned due to ins regs?

more adjustable.
I agree on the tunes. If I were going to do mine over, I'd buy a nice bluetooth device. They have some good ones out there that are less than $100.00 that sound great.

Too much technology for this old guy, I'd much rather have my old cassette tapes & CD's.... My 8-tracks are plum worn out.:eek::eek::eek::D
Ha ha. I hear that. I'm rocking it old school too. Kenwood, pioneer and Sony sound system with big tower speakers that have 12" subs plus 1 amplified sub. I can only turn it up to 2 or 3 in the garage. Any louder and the neighbors might complain :D

Ha ha. I hear that. I'm rocking it old school too. Kenwood, pioneer and Sony sound system with big tower speakers that have 12" subs plus 1 amplified sub. I can only turn it up to 2 or 3 in the garage. Any louder and the neighbors might complain :D

Yep! No wonder I'm deaf, all the RnR concerts & Kenwood car stereos of the past....:p:p:p

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top