JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
POC should be against that too if they want to live in the USA instead of us becoming a third world country, an oligarchy, or a Communist state. (It is Mao's Cultural Revolution, writ here/now/today in the US.)

Problem is, even if you ARE a POC, that does not mean you know anything about the POC experience. That special knowledge comes from the classroom, not the real world.

You will not be taken seriously, you will be called an Uncle Tom, you will be told you are ignorant.

My Caucasian 21 year old niece knows more about being a POC in 'Merica than I do.

Just ask her!

Problem is, even if you ARE a POC, that does not mean you know anything about the POC experience. That special knowledge comes from the classroom, not the real world.

You will not be taken seriously, you will be called an Uncle Tom, you will be told you are ignorant.

My Caucasian 21 year old niece knows more about being a POC in 'Merica than I do.

Just ask her!

Well I for one wouldn't have a clue.... and I'm too busy trying to be less white. That takes up all my thinking and time. ;)

BTW, my OPB/NPR listening friend called me ignorant all the time, he's no longer my friend.:mad:

I shot at a crow this morning and missed. I feel like a loser. That is all.
When I first read this (didn't have glasses on...) I thought it said you shot at a cow and missed. My first though was, "Sheesh, this guy is a horrible shot". My second thought was, "Why the hell was he shooting at a cow". Glad I was wrong on both counts.... :)
In Washington State Crows may be taken at any time if caught in the act of depredation.
Andy
So I see crows sitting around and I can just about guarantee that they are "thinking" about depredation. Does that count?

When I lived in SE Alaska, we had Ravens. Big arsed Ravens. I called one a crow one time and a local native gave me stink eye and proceeded to learn me up that Ravens carry the souls of the Tlingit Raven Clan members that have passed as they make the transition from life to death. He said killing one would prevent a soul from finding whatever they considered the afterlife. It was enough to give me a unique respect for them. Even while I was hunting and they were in the tree above me squawking like hell, letting every deer within 5 square miles know exactly where I was hiding......;)

To save everyone from Googling it like I had to:

dep·re·da·tion
/ˌdeprəˈdāSHən/

noun: depredation; plural noun: depredations

an act of attacking or plundering.
"protecting grain from the depredations of rats and mice"
If only we could apply that to politicians. We need some anti depredation laws.

If only we could apply that to politicians. We need some anti depredation laws.

Definition fixed:

dep·re·da·tion
/ˌdeprəˈdāSHən/

"protecting rights from the depredations of rats and politicians"

Definition fixed:

dep·re·da·tion
/ˌdeprəˈdāSHən/

"protecting rights from the depredations of rats and politicians"
I think that saying rats and politicians is redundant. There's no need to drag rats down with the politicians.

I have no problem with crows. One day I went to pick up my kid from school. When I got to the back parking lot, there was a murder of 50-60 of them all standing on the pavement. The weird part was that they were all motionless and facing the same direction. They were like that for about five to ten minutes until my kid came out and then we left. It was like they were staring at the ghost of Elvis or something.

When I first read this (didn't have glasses on...) I thought it said you shot at a cow and missed. My first though was, "Sheesh, this guy is a horrible shot". My second thought was, "Why the hell was he shooting at a cow". Glad I was wrong on both counts

Local psychologist employed at the public health clinic was arrested after shooting 8 of his neighbors cows up in the ritsy area above town. Story is that the cows kept pushing down his fences and messing up his pond, etc. He came home one day and lost his chit. And that was pre-covid lockdown. Believe it or not, the guy still works for the govt as a counselor. :eek:

Local psychologist employed at the public health clinic was arrested after shooting 8 of his neighbors cows up in the ritsy area above town. Story is that the cows kept pushing down his fences and messing up his pond, etc. He came home one day and lost his chit. And that was pre-covid lockdown. Believe it or not, the guy still works for the govt as a counselor. :eek:
Well....I guess nobody likes their ponds all cowed up.

I have been using an air gun lately to shoot rats, and I have learned a few things.
1. Rats are fast.
2. Rats climb trees.
3. Rats learned when I go to bed and now come out later.
Early 2000s about 2am. Making a U-turn in an empty parking lot at fisherman's wharf in San Francisco. I see hundreds if not sever thousands rats in front of one of those wooden warehouses by the submarine and Liberty ship. During the day there are open markets and "fresh" seafood. I saw first hand what I'd heard about NYC rats. Invisible during the day.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top