JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To save everyone from Googling it like I had to:

dep·re·da·tion
/ˌdeprəˈdāSHən/

noun: depredation; plural noun: depredations

an act of attacking or plundering.
"protecting grain from the depredations of rats and mice"

I have been using an air gun lately to shoot rats, and I have learned a few things.
1. Rats are fast.
2. Rats climb trees.
3. Rats learned when I go to bed and now come out later.

I shot at a crow this morning and missed. I feel like a loser. That is all.

What was the crow doing to deserve that? I love my crows. Watched them raise two young ones this year. Watching the parents teaching their young to put the bread in the water to soften it was one of the most interesting things I've seen them do. most times we only have the family of four coming around. Great way to get rid of old bread and left overs. They keep the cats out of my yard and the hawks away from the bird feeders.

Fifteen, or more, years ago I shot a crow because they were waking me up on summer mornings making a racket. One of the neighbors was telling me of all the crows they saw flocking around the injured crow on the ground. :s0099: I just kept my mouth shut. I don't know how many weeks it was. Those crows would come and bubblegum at me anytime they saw me in the yard.

Yeah, I understand the damage they can do. If I were in the country and they were being the destructive pest, I'd off 'em if need be. But this is the city of potland. I've got much worse in the hood than the crows.

We used to have lots of song birds in our area. Three years ago a red-tailed hawk pair nested in a neighbors fir tree. We were both standing under the tree talking about it when small feathers came floating down and landed around us. No song birds since then, but suddenly lots of crows.:eek:

Would an Old Crow provide any consolation?

w971391289_1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads